Chapter 32 - Revelations

Rey had deliberately used the autopilot to land the ship in a quieter part of the rebel hangar. The automatic and code-protected communication between the ship and the base ensured a smooth landing process.

When she left the ship via the open landing ramp, followed by Ben, there were only a few technicians in the hangar. Some greeted her in passing and some cast curious glances at Rey's hooded company. They were both almost at the barring door when it opened with a slight hiss and Rose stormed through.

She got out a little cry of joy and threw herself into Rey's arms. "Rey! Finally you are back! We were so worried!" She shouted while she continued to squeeze Rey. "Finn was about to follow your route because he hasn't heard from you for days."

Rose suddenly spotted her companion and paused, confused, to look at Rey questioningly. "Mmmh, I see you didn't come back alone." She eyed Ben curiously, who in turn lowered his head a little more to remain undetected.

Rose stared at him, but could not see his face, because the man, it was obviously a man she thought looking at his size and statue, had pulled his hood down low. "Who is this?" She asked herself but then concentrated back on Rey.

Rey returned Rose's hug warmly. It was unfamiliar to communicate with anyone other than Ben again. Rose's exclusively pure and positive thoughts flooded her senses and she started putting the brakes on her new gift and keeping her head clear, the situation was complicated enough.

She felt Ben's support in her senses and was suddenly clear again. She smiled and then said to Rose: "I'm also happy to see you again, Rose. But now I urgently have to go to my old quarters and then you have to do me a favor. You have to find Poe and Finn and bring them to me directly and alone ."

She grabbed Rose by the shoulder and looked seriously at her face. "It is extremely important that this happens quickly and that they really come to me on their own. Do you understand that?" Rose nodded vigorously. "Okay, I'll take care of it, you can rely on me!"

She smiled once more at Rey and the hooded guy, turned on her heel and ran down the corridor in the opposite direction to find the two men.

"Is she always that ... sunny?" Ben asked quietly as the two marched towards Rey's cabine. "I mean, I've never felt such a bright thought structure as the mind of this woman in my live..." he added incredulously. Rey laughed softly and whispered back: "Yes, against Rose even a porg is a mean little guy".

"What kind of creature is a Porg?" asked Ben confused. "You will see that soon enough, they are from Ahch-To and are already spreading all over the base. Finn calls them fluffy rats with googly eyes ... I think they are cute."

"Mmh, if you or the traitor are right, I'll decide then." answered Ben with a faint smile. Rey gave him an impeccable look. They would have arrived in front of the door to her quarters and while she was opening the door she admonished him: "Stop with the traitor thing now, otherwise I can open a battlefield right here!"

Ben entered the small room behind her. He looked around and then he stepped very close to her, leaned down to look into her eyes and said quietly: "I want to do my best, sweetheart, I promise! I know that these men are important to you, well I will show myself from my best side, if possible." Then he kissed her briefly and smiled sweetly.

Rey blushed and then shook her head with a laugh: "You really are your father's son when it comes to charm and flirtatious qualities. I have to be careful!"

Ben grinned and she grinned back, but then they both got serious and turned towards the door. "They are coming!" both said at the same time. "Please do not show yourself directly, I will try to explain it to them first." "All right," he said, taking a few steps behind her and bowing his head again.