A hopeless cause

"Kong, are you sure about this?" Kao asked as he stood beside Kong.

"Yes. I'm both worried and panicked over his lack of communication and it's not just to me but his friends too," Kong replied as they stood in front of the building that he visited once.

"Khai, thank you for making this possible," Kong glanced at the taller one making Khai smile at him.

"Anytime."

He came here once when Stud told him that his parents bought a small unit for him that is accessible to the university and their filming sites. Stud brought him there and it wasn't furnished yet. He only mentioned it once on a passing conversation saying his parents are trying to quicken the turnover so he can finally move before the start of a new semester.

"Kong..." Kao is obviously reluctant as he held Kong's shoulder before they can move forward.

"Kao I know... but I have to face this, okay?" Kong is not sure if he was able to sleep properly last night after Khai has confirmed that he has secured passes for them to enter the building. His cousin owns a unit there and he asked for passes since the entrance is exclusive for unit owners and the people they provided with passes.

"Kong, we're here... whatever happens," Kong smiles at Khai as he nods. He doesn't know what he is feeling inside, but part of him feels like he's going to break anytime.

He saw several tweets about Stud and Arm but his so-called boyfriend hasn't messaged him at all. There were videos and pictures of them eating dinner together and there were fan accounts saying they saw them around the area. Kong is not sure if the fans know that Stud has a unit there, but he has a gut feeling about this. He then asked Kao and Khai's help.

They passed by the entrance easily. Kong feels like his heart rose up to his throat as the elevator is moving up. Part of him is expecting something if Stud is really here, though part of him still prays that he's wrong.

As they stood outside the unit, Kong closed his eyes as he took several deep breaths. Kao and Khai just exchanged glances as they stood behind him.

With shaky fingers, Kong slowly inserted the key that Stud gave him on his first visit saying that Kong needs to have a copy of his key now since it will be their 'new hangout place' once he moves out of the dorm.

The moment the door clicked open, Kong slowly pushed it so they can enter. He doesn't even care if he's like trespassing, he is just tired of the crap that they are playing.

"Kong..." Khai's voice is soft as he called his attention. Kong turned to look at where he is pointing and he can feel his heartbeat fast. He already noticed how the unit is furnished, there is a couch, a mounted flat-screen TV at the side, and what Khai pointed just showed how the place is also occupied. The kitchen has take-out plastic bags and Khai pointed at two wine glass and an empty wine bottle.

Kong knows that the other door is the bathroom and across it is the single bedroom in the unit. He gripped his knuckles again, feeling like he is going to vomit out of anxiety that is building at the pit of his stomach. The entrance had a shoe rack and there are a lot of shoes, he couldn't guess if any of them isn't owned by Stud.

"Wait... Kong..." Kao stopped him by holding his shoulder.

"This is just a confirmation, isn't it?" Kong bitterly smiled at him as he tried to compose himself. With heavy heart, he twisted the knob of the room.

Kong immediately felt breathless at the sight in front of him. He can feel his heart getting squeezed as tears unconsciously fell from his eyes. He feels like he is being pierced all over his body with how the 'confirmation' that he mentioned is truly... a confirmation.