5. Morning Runs

She picked up two boxes and wobbly carried them inside. "Oi! Hurry up Yugi! Even your sister is faster than you! We still have ten more boxes!"

"Sorry! I'm really sore from my game!"

"Oh right you play basketball. I don't care hurry up."

"Mom! Fine!"

The girl returned to her mother and pointed to the boxes

She handed the deaf girl two boxes and watches her cross the street carefully. There's a rumbling then a gust a wind. The deaf girl gasped and stumbled forward, thanks to the car that just flashed by. "F/N!" The women yells in panic.

Just before she was gonna fall over somebody appeared and grabbed her shoulders.

The boxes crashed to the floor, but she stayed standing up with the help of somebody.

F/N turns her head to see a Inarizaki's setter. Her eyes sparkled and she quickly regained her balance and turned to face him.

"Wow you're clumsy- oh wait you can't hear me." He smirked down at her.

Her mother comes running over and bows. "Thank you!"

"No problem we're friends anyways"

"..."

"Uh ma'am?"

"How could she make friends!?" Yugi yells entering the conversation. "How! She can't even hear anyone!"

"It's really not that complicated-"

"How long have you known her?!"

"Uh well for a think a week but I only got her number yester-"

"HUH!?!"

The poor deaf girl didn't understand what was going on

She observed her mom and brother shout at the volleyball prodigy

She couldn't help but to indulge herself in staring at him.

He had so much talent..

And he had looks as well.

Her heart was about to explode..

Until her mom pinched her cheeks and yelling, totally forgetting she's deaf.

"YOU CRAZY GIRL WHY WOULD YOU GIVE YOUR NUMBER OUT TO A RANDOM MAN!!" She could vividly hear but it was mostly drowned out.

"Excuse me she can't hear you remember-"

"Dammit! What's your name!" Yugi yells defensively.

"Atsumu Miya?"

"Oh." His voice softened a bit "If I'm right, are you from Inarizaki?"

"Yeah?" Yugi looked at his mom and they both shrugged. "We thought you were like twenty-five" they both said at the same time

"I'm only seventeen!"

After a explanation, they finally calmed down.

"No wonder you looked familiar. She always watches Inarizaki and Itachiyama matches."

"Really?"

"Yeah she's obsessed with volleyball, particularly with you.." He whispered playfully.

"Eh?" He looked over at the girl and she smiled out of pure instinct of his gaze.

"Ook? Well I should probably be going now. It was nice you meet you two. Yugi and Tsubaki right?"

"Yes it was nice to meet you too." They both say at the same time.

"By the way, I wouldn't mind if your daughter came to one of my games sometime." He smirked and walked away.

"Was that flirting or an invitation?"

"Who knows but I'm hoping that was an invitation."

'What did he say?' The deaf girl signed to her mom.

'Nothing don't worry'

She nodded and looked back at the far away figure

'To think that that's one of the best high school level setters..' she thought to herself

"Chop chop Yugi. We still have more boxes"

"You're so full of shit.."

Yugi is your brother's name
Tsubaki is your mom's name

Sorry if that was confusing

Sorry this was a bit short