Author's Note

Welcome, new and returning readers alike! Grab your favorite mug of tea and have a seat as you cozy up to My Bad Boy Doctor.

Okay, that sounded better in my head. 😂

This story was originally started at the end of 2020. I'd broken my rib, and I wrote this on a whim at a friend's suggestion. Or dare. I haven't decided which.

What had started as good fun became so much more. Sure, we have tropes, clichés, and lots of steam, but there are also deeper issues explored like friendship, mental health, and social divides. We also have a very hot doctor who may or may not be a bad boy, but comes with abs, a stethoscope, and a big heart.

A few things to consider before you read:

🩺 The Covid-19 pandemic is a part of the narrative.

🩺 Topics such as childhood abuse/trauma are mentioned in a factual manner.

🩺 Mental health has a focus within the story. For those unfamiliar with Kelly's condition, please be mindful and respect anxiety/low self-esteem are a daily part of many people's lives. This goes for my readers. Do not troll them.

🩺 This is not a story about toxic relationships. Bad boys are confident, sometimes edgy, and in many instances throughout this story, sometimes misperceived based on pre-judgment. I do not glorify abuse.

🩺 Any Spanish within the text should be read as Mexican Spanish. Not all phrases in languages are the same, but I do try to keep it somewhat universal.

🩺 This one is weird, but it's come up a lot. Some people live in very expensive areas. What might seem like nothing to one person is a lot to someone else, so please don't troll my comments to brag about how cheap a $40 meal is or a house worth $300-$400k. It's ignorant and disrespectful, especially if you are unaware of an economy where so many people are homeless because they can't afford rent.

🩺 NO BODY SHAMING. I will delete any derogatory comments regarding this topic I come across. I strongly believe in body positivity, and if you have a problem with curvy women (Val), please keep it to yourself.

🩺 Those story contains mature and explicit content in accordance with Wattpad's Content Guidelines. The chapters are marked, and if you do not feel comfortable reading, feel free to skip to the next part. I won't be offended.

Many of you will notice there are some paywalled chapters. The base story itself is free to read. Included (and later to be added) are bonus chapters and a (very unfiltered and raw) Writer's Reveal about Kelly and mental health, as well as what inspired me to write this story. A mock-interview will join the Writer's Reveal soon, followed by more exclusive bonus chapters and content. Expect this sometime before the end of 2022.

As a side note, Val's bonus chapter at the very end is free, and will always remain as such.

I don't always respond due to so many comments, but I do eventually see them, and I want to thank you all from the bottom of my heart for your overwhelming support.

Enjoy!

-Kristi

©2020, 2022

All rights reserved. No part of this story may be translated or reproduced without Wattpad and the author's consent. Any violations will be subject to copyright laws. If you are reading this story outside of Wattpad, it is pirated and likely infected with malware.