Chapter 33

"What room was she talking about?" George asked Fred as they left the infirmary.

"Its just this random room we found last year, she cries in it a lot." He said , "But I don't think she's doing any crying today, she didn't seem sad."

They walked into the room, but there was no Maeve. But her bag did sit in the middle of the room.

"Where is she?"

"I don't know, maybe she went to the bathroom." The two sat down in some chairs.

"Im right here." She said poking her head out of the bag

The two boys screamed and jumped up.

"What the hell, Maeve!" George yelled

"What are you doing?" Fred was so confused with what was happening in front of his eyes. He watched the girl just climb out of the bag and stand in front of them.

"Want to see whats inside my bag?" She smiled.

The boys just stood there, eyes wide and their mouths open. She went up to them and pushed their mouths shut, "A bug could fly in there." She laughed.

"Maeve what is happening?" Fred asked, as she dragged the boys to her bag.

"Watch." She said as she put one leg in, and then another. And went down. Again the boys sat there in shock, she pocked her head out again. "Come on!"

The boys finally followed, "You first, she's your girl." George pushed Fred to the bag. He stuck one foot in, and then another, and then felt a ladder come from under him. He climbed down and found Maeve leaning against a door frame, soon George followed.

"Where are we Maeve?" Fred asked looking around, George walked up to the side of him, both looking at Maeve.

"Not sure, haven't named the place yet. My bag I guess." She laughed, "Here follow me." She grabbed the boys hands.

"Hagrid needed help hiding some of his animals while the Ministry was here for the tournament. So Dumbledore made me this bag, so I could watch them." She finally let go of the boys hands, they looked like little kids in a candy shop, they were bug eyed and looking everywhere.

Gerald came up to Maeve and she picked him up and sat him on her shoulders, he was playing with the top of her head. "This is Gerald." She said catching the boys attention.

"Gerald?" George laughed.

"Hagrid named him." She giggled.

"Which one is he?" The voice said

"What did you say?" She asked, the boys shrugged,

"Oh we didn't say anything." Fred answered going back to what he was looking at.

Was she going crazy, what are these voices she was hearing. She just shook the idea out of her head and continued to show the boys around. George was looking at a Fwooper on a branch. Fred and Maeve were just walking around holding hands.

"So this is all yours?" Fred asked

"For now. These are Hagrid's babies, I'm just watching." She looked up at him, "One day though."

"It'll be nice, to get away." He said, "You're in a better mood after hanging out with your creatures. I can tell that you get tired easily around large crowds."

"You noticed that?"

"I notice everything you do" he smiled

"You can come with me anytime." She looked up at him, "we can get away together."

"I'd like that." The two walked over to George looking at the Fwooper.

"Thats Franklin." Maeve told George

"What does it do, it just looks like an owl."

"It's song will make the listener go insane." She informed them. George stepped back from it, "He took is silencing charm already so you're safe, also you're already insane George." Her and Fred laughed.

"Well we've been in here for a while, we should get going. I think the name picking ceremony happening soon." The three began to leave, "I'll see you later tonight, Gerald."

"Goodbye" she shook her head, she was just hearing things. She climbed up the ladder and out the bag, she zipped it shut and headed off to the Great Hall.

When the reached the hall, Fred kissed Maeve's cheek and they went to their houses table. She sat down next to Cedric, "You excited?" She looked over at Cedric.

"Yeah."

She could tell he was nervous, she grabbed his hand. He gave her a thankful smile.

As Dumbledore stood in front of the Goblet, he announced that it would probably take a moment to begin offering names of the selected. He informed that who was called, to meet in the trophy room. The hall was all buzzing with whispers until the Goblet began to spit bits of light.

Dumbledore walked over to Goblet, the once blue flame turned red as it spit out the first name.

"The champion for Durmstrang is Viktor Krum!" Dumbledore announced. The Durmstrang students yelled with excitement.

"The champion for Beauxbatons... Fleur Delacour" The girls of Beauxbatons squealed and clapped.

Cedric squeezed Maeve's hand, "It's okay Ced, I'm right here. I'm not going anywhere. No matter what." He smiled at her.

"The Hogwarts champion... Cedric Diggory."

The Hufflepuff table went crazy, the students were bagging their fist on the table, clapping and screaming. Maeve and Julia stood up on the bench, jumping up and down cheering.

"THAT'S MY BOY! THAT'S MY BOY!" Maeve yelled with so much pride, while her and Julia hugged, jumping up and down.

The two sat down, she looked over at Fred who was just laughing at her excitement. She blew him a kiss, he pretended to catch it put it in his front pocket.

"Excellent!" Dumbledore continued, "I am sure I can count upon all of you, including the remaining students from Beauxbatons and Durmstrang, to give your champion every ounce of support you can muster. I don't expect it to be Maeve level support," he smiled at her.

"WHOOO!" She yelled from the table, causing a few to laugh.

"but the support they need." He was about to step down when the Goblet flickered and suddenly became red again. A piece of paper flew out, quickly grabbed by Dumbledore. The hall fell silent.

"Harry Potter"

Julia gasped, "what the hell." She muttered to Maeve.

"Harry Potter," Dumbledore called for him again.

Maeve looked over at the Gryffindor table, she saw Hermione pushing him forward and all eyes fell on him.

"HE'S A CHEAT!" Melvin yelled.

"He's not even seventeen!" Julia added. At this point, the Hufflepuff table was pissed, that Harry Potter just stole Cedrics spotlight.

"This is bullshit." Maeve looked at Julia.