four

Tamia hated the bus.

She hated how strategic you had to be when taking it. It was sort of like being strategic when driving a car, but much more complex. You had to know what time to be at the bus stop, where to sit and how fast to get to your spot before the bus did that wild jerk before speeding off.

And, everything had to be done in just a few seconds.

Tamia failed at every single step as she got on the bus searching for her ticket and the bus driver didn't take the time to wait. She ended up sitting in the very back of the bus when it was rush hour, and that was probably the dumbest thing she had done that day.

She groaned when she rang the button and stood up from her seat. The bus was packed with children on their way home from school and adults on their way home from work. How was she going to get off in time?

Quickly, she stood up and tried to push her way through the crowd.

"Excuse me," She called out.

"Sorry."

"I just gotta— yeah."

The bus doors were open, but she still wasn't near the door.

"Excuse me." She frowned at the couple in front of her that seemed to be in their own world as they held each other in front of the door.

"Sorry, I just need to get through."

Tamia took a deep breath and glared at them. "I just need to get off— damn, get out the fucking way!" She exclaimed.

Roughly, she pushed her way past them and got off the bus before the doors closed on her. She opened up her umbrella and walked over to the lights.

Her long legs moved quickly as she walked across the street and made her way into the mechanic shop. She ignored the heavy stares that were targeted towards her, and searched for the boss.

"Hey, I'm here for my car. Is everything nag good."

"Yeah, everything's good." He nodded and grabbed his notebook. "Total will be four hundred dollars."

Her eyes widened in shock. "For what?"

That was grocery money. He was obviously out of his mind.

"Yeah, not only did we have to fix the engine, but something was wrong with your lights in the front."

Tamia scoffed and looked at her car. She knew that something was wrong with her lights, but it wasn't something that needed to be fixed right away. Her plan was to wait until she had enough money to fix both of them. It wasn't like the engine where it was mandatory to fix.

"I didn't ask you to fix that. If you wanted to fix it then you should've notified me or asked me first. I didn't give you permission to touch anything else."

"Ma'am, it's part of our great customer service to try and help as much as we can—"

"And take my money," Tamia shook her head. "Doing shit I didn't ask for..." She mumbled as she searched in her wallet. "I only have two hundred, because that's the price that we agreed on."

The man nodded as he tried his best not to get annoyed with her. "That's fine. Next time please come with extra money just in case."

"Or maybe fix the problem that I came to y'all for." She frowned and slipped into her car.

Rainy weather, running on a short time period after working a ten hour shift didn't help her mood.

-