➳ 𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘢𝘨𝘰

— 2019 —

Max, Eleven, Dustin, Lucas, Mike, and Will are on their own ways to the venue of the panel that they're gonna have to attend for their upcoming movie. Everyone's riding their own vehicles.

Will, on his own, is currently staring outside the window while playing with his fingers. His breath and fingers are trembling out of nervousness. He closed his eyes, took his phone out of his pocket to call Max.

"Will, what's up?" Max said on the other line.

"M-Max.." Will stutters.

"Hey.. are you okay?"

Will looked down. "I don't think I am," he squeezed his eyes.

"Where are you? Are you on your way to the venue?"

"Yeah,"

Max sighed. "Will, you can do this. I know you can."

Will felt a tear dropped from his eyes. He quickly wiped them off. "Thanks Max."

"No worries. Meet me in my dressing room once we arrive, okay?"

"Okay." he hung up.

A couple minutes later, Will has finally arrived at the venue. Without even fully stepping out of his van, he could already feel the camera lights flashing everywhere—with loud screaming of people along with the paparazzis.

"Will, here!"

"William Byers!"

"Let out a smile at least!"

"Where's Mike?"

"What happened with You and Mike Wheeler?"

"Have you heard about Mike and El?"

"Is Byler still a thing?"

"Did Byler actually happen?"

"WILL! I LOVE YOU!"

The bodyguards circled around Will to protect him. Will wasn't in the mood to smile and talk to people right now, which makes him even more nervous because he obviously needs to talk a lot later at the panel.

Like what Max said, Will made his way to her dressing room. Max wasn't there yet, but her stylist is.

Minutes later, Max came in and greeted Will with a hug. She asked her stylist to give her and Will some time alone. The stylist agreed and left the two.

They both sat on the couch. Will played with his fingers, again, trying to stop it from shaking. Max immediately noticed.

"Shit, Will, you're trembling. This is not okay. Do you want me to tell the crew to not—"

"Max, calm down. I'm fine... I think," he looked down.

Max sighed and rubbed his back. "I know how hard it is, Will. I've been in there. You two shared the sweetest, longest story ever. But the choice you made was right. Sometimes... letting go can heal."

Will dropped a tear. "I don't think I'm h-healing.." tears started to fall from his eyes like river falls. Max hugged him immediately and caressed his head.

"Shh.. It's okay, it's okay." she cooed.

"I just.. I don't understand. I've loved him with my whole heart. I gave him everything, Max. I gave him my all. W-why would he do this to me?" Will sobbed even harder.

"What he did.. you don't deserve it. You don't deserve to be hurt this way. You were too good for Mike, Will. This is his own loss."

For the past 10 minutes, the two never let go of the hug. Max didn't stop giving advices and making Will feel better.