Nightmare

(Y/N) POV:

*Flashback to when (Y/N) was 8*

I found myself kneeling in front of my mom, she was beat up and barely conscious.

"(Y/N) run away.....please" She whispered.

"I already told you I don't run."

I turned to see that my father was standing behind me with him showing his disgusting yellow teeth and a smirk.

"You really think you can protect her, you little brat."

"Come on (Y/N) stand up and fight" I say.

I try to stand up with my knees buckling out of fear but I stumble momentarily, I try again and successfully stand so I'm staring up at him.

"That's the boy I know, always so brave right? Wrong you're weak and just scared like your mother, now move out the way before I decide to kill you."

I stand shaking in fear then shake my head with my eyes wide in terror and sweat streaming down my face.

"You're scared aren't you? You try to hide it but I see right through you, so (Y/N) will you run away and save yourself or die here trying to protect your mother?" He asks with a sadistic smirk.

I snarl and show my teeth.

"You already know my answer" I say angrily.

He shakes his head disapprovingly and gives me his signature mocking smile.

"I'm not gonna give you any more chances (Y/N), my patience is wearing thin" He warns.

I spit at his feet and growl. He looks down at his shoes with spit on them and then looks back at me.

"Very well" He says before reaching for my face.

I feel his hand grip my head tightly. I jerk up quickly as the flashback dream shocks me awake, with a slight sweat on my face. I look down at my hands and breath deeply. I close my eyes and clench my fists.

"I fucking hate him!" I shout angrily.

I started knocking stuff off of my nightstand as Toga jumps up from her sleep looking at me worrying.

"(Y/N) what's wrong!?"

I grip two handfuls of my hair and tug harshly.

"I hate him, I fucking hate him!" I growl.

An image of my mother flashes through my head, she was impaled with a beer bottle.

"(Y/N) calm down!"

My eyes then glowed a bright red as I turned to Toga and she got scared. My voice also changed.

"You don't understand do you?" I put my hands on top of my head. "I wish I could kill him. Again, and again, and AGAIN just to make up for when he killed her!"

"Stop this please, you're scaring me!" Toga begs.

The air escapes my lungs and my chest starts hurting, I look up to the ceiling to stop myself from crying.

"Bastard!" I shout angrily as I slam my clenched fists on the bed. My eyes change back and I look at my frightened girlfriend who was hugging me. "Toga?" I ask quietly.

"Are you alright? Was it a nightmare?" She said rubbing circles in my back to calm me down.

"J-Just a horrifying dream. There's nothing to worry about Toga."

I stared down at my lap.

"(Y/N)..."

"I'm fine see?" A slight smile appeared on my face and tears ran down my cheeks as I looked her in the face.