Chapter 16

"Eve! Eve! Where are you? I need to show you something! Minnie!"

The boy came running so fast that he nearly tackled the little girl who was just coming out of her house at the boy's call.

"Addie! Why are you running like you saw a boogeyman in your room? Oh, wait! Did you see a boogeyman? Don't worry, Addie. I'll protect you!" She stood in front of the boy in a protective stance, trying to shield his taller body with her shorter one.

"No! There's no boogeyman! And even if there was, you couldn't protect me anyway. You're so small!" The boy huffed, crossing his arms.

She scowled at him and crossed her own arms. "I am not small. I am stronger than you because unlike you, I drink milk. You never drink milk so you're weak! Momma told me and auntie Brinny said that too. And I'm not afraid of boogeyman. I can punch his tummy and hit him with my skating board. So I'll protect  you, silly!"

"Okay, okay! Fine! You can protect me but I'm not here because of boogeyman. My dad is back from his trip! And do you know what he brought for us? Come on! I'll show you! Fast! Let's run!"

Without giving her a time to speak, he grabbed her hand and started dragging her towards his house. They ran into his living room where the boy's entire family was settled.

"Dad! Eve is here! Now, come on! Show us what you brought!" The boy hollered as he stopped suddenly in front of his father, nearly toppling both of them into his father's feet.

His father chuckled, sharing amused glance with his mother who was sitting beside him with his baby brother in her lap. His father then grabbed two gift bags from the couch and handed them one each.

"Oh my God! It's the matching Mickey and Minnie tshirt we wanted! Wait! Why do I get Minnie mouse? That's Eve! I'm not a girl!"

"Ugh, Addie. You're so stupid! That is mine. And, this, is yours." The girl exclaimed, handing him her bag and then turning to his father, grinning widely. She ran and wrapped her hands around his knees. "Thank you so much, uncle Danny! You're so cool like me! I love you!" The man laughed and picked her up in his arms, giving her a small kiss on her cheeks.

"Okay, children. Why don't you try them on and see if they fit?" He said and the children all but ran away towards the boy's room. They both came running not even a minute later with identical tshirts and huge grins on their faces.

"Wow, dad! See, this is so cool! They look like they're shaking hands when we stand close! See!" The boy exclaimed happily standing beside the girl.

"Aww! You guys look so cute together. Let me take a photo of you both. Come on!" His elder sister guided them to their garden where the children stood in front of the huge apple tree with ridiculously huge grins and arms around each other. The boy's grin suddenly turned mischievous and ruffled the girl's hair, in turn making her pout adorably at him just in time to hear the snap of the camera.

"Now, we'll always be together like Mickey and Minnie!" The boy grinned at her.

***

Ring-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding!
Gering-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding
What the fox say?