one.

♡ 태꾹︴new times내 사랑

♡ 태꾹︴new times
내 사랑 . . . into the unknown ♡ *.゚⋆

it peeked over the trees like a golden eye, ready to see who was awake and what creatures were ready to be washed in yellow warmth. the rays of light spilled over the mountains and tops of buildings to turn sidewalks into brightened paths and puddles into sparkling pools. the sun rose higher while morning came, the world ready to wake on that early monday.

he had been awake for hours already. there was something about today that had him restless, muscles aching to move and get the day going already. it was the first day of school, his senior year and there was no way this year would be anything short of perfect.

kim taehyung was excited for school ⏤ well he was excited for the football season. he was the quarterback for the ppyeosan hawks, and he was going to take his team all the way to champions.

thats all that mattered this year. he thought of his plays and the runs he's been working on all summer as he got ready for school and slipped on his letterman jacket. he thought of the friday nights games, the crowd and the rally girls and all the attention that came with being a football player in this town.

taehyung grabbed his backpack and bounded down the stairs, kissing his moms cheek goodbye and knowing already that his dad had left. "drive safe." his mother told him as her son grabbed the keys to his truck and headed out the front door.

they lived in a small two story house in a half acre property. taehyung walked down the small path front the front to their driveway, hopping into his pickup truck after throwing his backpack through the window to land on the passenger seat. it took fifteen minutes to get to school, driving past fields and pastures that sparkled from the dew clinging to grass still from overnight.

taehyung drove with the windows down and sunglasses on. he got there a little quicker than normal, considering the speed he was going at. he found an empty space to park in near the front, grabbing his backpack through the open window and heading to the front of the school doors.

students flowed in the doors and down halls to find their homerooms classes and see who they'd be spending every morning with. others piled their lockers full with books or made out with their girlfriends before the bell would ring. taehyung passed them all by and headed for the locker rooms.

some of the other players were in there already too, putting padding in their lockers for the year and talking about plays and how great the games will be. taehyung felt himself grinning already, fist bumping some guys as he past by the benches to his own locker.

"whats up q.b" it was his friend woosung walking up to him, smile just as big and holding his hand out for taehyung to take. they hugged and smacked each other on the back, taehyung taking a seat on the bench while woosung stayed standing, "you ready for the game?" woosung was bouncing on his feet, clearly energetic despite the earliness of the morning.

"lets get through this week first." taehyung chuckled. "we still have the pep rally and two weeks of training before the first friday game." he said to the hyper one. woosung just shrugged and kept bouncing on the balls of his feet, bringing his fists up now and pretending to air fight someone.

"hey quarterback, you gonna try to hit it with mirae finally." it was their half-back yunho asking. being the head cheerleader, it only made sense that she'd end up being taehyung's rally girl for the season. she was hot too, which was a bonus in any football players eyes. "we'll see man." taehyung said, leaning over to tie his sneaker laces and tuck them in to the sides to hide them.

the warning bell rang, telling students to move along and get to class. they had two minutes before the later bell rang and classroom doors locked. none of the players rushed, still talking and messing around and trying to bet on which rally girl they'd get. "hey!" it was coach, walking out from his office and looking at his players with hands on his hips. "i do recall hearing that bell go off. that means get out of my field house."

"yes sir." a chorus of voices were heard and soon they were leaving quick. taehyung finished tying his shoes and grabbed his bag, just for coach to call him out. "taehyung." he had said.

"yes sir." he said, swinging his backpack up onto his shoulder and looking over at the man standing there with his cap on, school logo etched onto the front. "get to class son, dont be late." coach said.

taehyung grinned and nodded, "i will, see you at practice dad." he said.

he got to homeroom in time before the late bell rang and teachers started their instruction. kids were sitting on top of desks and talking about things not related to the class. it was english literature, just something to put them all back to sleep before the day even began.

"aye taehyung." some kid said, giving the quarterback a high five as he walked down the row of desks to take a seat in the third one back. 

their teacher got up from his desk and clapped his hands in an attempt to get all their attention to start the lecture. "take your seats, choose wisely because you'll be sitting there all year." he said. his name was mr. gwan, which was written across the chalk board above todays topic. "we will be going over the syllabus and then i'll let you know which pieces of literature you'll need to purchase for this class." he started to talk and there were some groans amongst the students.

taehyung took out his notebook and seemed to be taking notes, but instead he wrote out his plays and made sure he knew them. woosung had this class later on, he planned to ask him what he needed to buy for this class.

the time seemed to drag on and taehyung kept tapping his pen on his notebook in every class until it got closer to the end of the day. soon it was finally here, last period and the crackling of the intercom was heard in every classroom and hallway. "good afternoon hawks," it was their principal speaking, "i'd like to welcome you all to the new school year and i know we will make it a great one." his voice droned on and taehyung only waited until he heard the part he cared about.

this was mainly everyone, not caring for the boring announcements, until friday was mentioned. "and as you all know, next friday our football team has their first game-" thats all that was heard before clapping and cheers that erupted in the room.

taehyung chewed on the end of his pen and grinned, feeling the pride in his chest at the sounds around him. it would only get better once he was on that field, listening to all those cheers just for him and his team.

"-todays pep rally will start in a couple minutes and go until dismissal, so remember to bring all your belongings to the auditorium." the principal barely finished when the bell rang and interrupted his announcement. students had already given up on their class half way through, already packed and just needing to get up and leave. teachers didnt even mind as they left to go too and head for the auditorium.

taehyung found woosung in the hall, feeling the boys throw his arm around his shoulders and mess up his hair. "you ready?" he grinned too, feeling the excitment in the pit of his stomach as the hallways flooded like a stream of fish all going in the same direction.

"oh hell yeah."

────────────────────────────