1

Everything seemed calmer. She was floating. Colors of different varients surrounding her but of course being drawn to the white light. A light that represented her soul and the blinding light that shone on her face when she tried to open her eyes. She groaned catching the attention of her friends.

"Y/n!" A calm yet somewhat highpitched voice yelled.
It was warm and inviting meaning that was Dream.
"Holy shit, she's up." A gruff motherly like one also shouted in suprise. Omnia.

"Huh..." Y/n whispered whilst rubbing her eyes. "Where are we?" She remembered the past events and sparng up " where's Nightmare!?"

"Y/n You're gonna strain yourself." Dream nagged, "and about my brother he's fine... I think. He still hasn't gotten up but I know he will eventually."

A soft gust of warm wind grazed past her face giving her a warm feeling. It was like something had changed for the better.

"So.... Can i get up or?" She questioned.

"Go ahead, you need to walk anyway." Omnia blatantly spoke. She looked different having her hair up in an elegant mix between braid and a bun that had a flower in the side and a sun dress.

Of course they were they had made it through from their pure determination. She looked up and saw the sky she was oh so familiar with seeing.

Her mind was clear til she had a realization as she ran back. "Hold it. Dream! Omnia!How the hell did you get Nightmare?!"

They both turned thier heads to look at y/n.

"We broke into the castle mansion thing. Got him and left." Omnia explained.

"That was less chaotic then what I expected." Y/n admitted.

"Jeez y/n, do you take us for being a nuisance. For all I know things happen to get chaotic when you are involved." Omnia snickered as the other gaurdian crossed her arms and huffed.

"That was rude and uncalled for, Omnia." Y/n muttered.

Dream and Omnia both let out a chuckle before getting interrupted by a scream.
Dream was the first to get up and see what happened, y/n and Omnia following after.

They walked in to consoling and tears. The tears coming from the injured skeleton and the consoling from his counterpart. It made y/n smile a bit. She diliberated giving them space or joining.

In the end she decided to also console the little gaurdian.

" Nighty, don't cry everything is fine. It's over. They are gone." Y/n did her best to comfort them.
He looked up momentarily tears glistening. When he saw her he wanted to cry even more. He couldn't imagine the pain he caused them.

"Y/n..." He managed to choke out before more tears spilt. "I'm so sorry."

The guardian gave him a hug. It was filled with many feelings but the one that stuck out the most was love. They both needed it.

Y/n lifted Nightmare skull and looked him in the eyes. "None of this was your fault. This was something out of your control." She paused ," It's nice to have you back Nighty... I really missed you."

The room was left with silence but this time it was a comfortable one.  Dream was with Omnia looking at the two of you. He was just smiling while Omnia looked like she was about to cry.

"Omnia are you okay?" He asked worried.

" 'M fine, just got something in my eye." She said as she brushed away a tear.

The moment was bittersweet. For the gaurdian it was as if the stars aligned in a perfectly straight line. Everything had led up to this moment. This hugs only lasted for a few more seconds longer.
Y/n dusted herself off to get up.

"Come on Nighty, we have lots of catching up to do."  Y/n held out her hand for Nightmare to take. He bashfully took it and gave a soft smile.
"We're gonna go on a walk. We'll be back in a bit."

Dream nodded while omnia waved them off as the two left.

Passing by multiple trees and hearing the sound of the chirping birds they stopped at a clearing with a small creek. Y/n and Nightmare enjoying eachother's presense.

"It seems that things will be okay." Y/n hummed "we wouldn't. Have it either way."

They sky changed from its cool blue to it colorful sunset.
"Brings me back to the times you'd visit me in my cottage." Y/n stared off into the distance.

"Yeah. It does." Nightmare responded looking at the gaurdian. " y/n, i really missed this."

"Eh?" Y/n turned to look at the skeleton.

"With him. It was all muddy. I couldnt see past the darkness that surrounded me and you gave me a chance." He looked at y/n with a thankful looking " I could have never been here without you."

Y/n blushed a bit. "It was nothing Nighty. I mean we're friends so of course I would help you!"

"Right..." Nightmare's tone shifted slightly as he agreed.

"Well look at the time! We better get going!" Y/n shouted grabbing Nightmare by the wrist. The sudden motion making Nightmare trip. "Sorry, Nighty."

"It's fine." He said giving a thumbs up.

The walk back was silent and tension filled. Y/n was starting to feel unsetteled by the feeling.

"Hey Night." She whispered trying to get his attention. "Something doesn't feel right."

"Yeah. I could feel it too." Nightmare responded looking at his surroundings cautiously. "Stay close to me alright."

"That goes for you too." Y/n nagged.

They continued walking down the path watching out for eachother. They were very close to the hut they were staying in. A feeling of panic settled in the guardians as they ran holding eachother's hand tightly.

"Dream! Omnia!" Y/n screamed hoping that they would hear her.

Nightmare even though he was quiet was frightened.

The snap of a twig was heard in the distance.

"Y'know its very rude to steal things right. I thought you of all people would know that, Y/n."

"That was very uncalled for."

"Yeah."

"Wait. Why are we here again?"