CH 5 - Reserving a Standing Ovation

The Blade Breakers were seated in the backstage excitedly waiting for for The Talk Show to begin, which wasn't for another half an hour. Tyson was jumping with excitement, while Kai sat expressionless on the armchair opposite him, Ray and Max were talking casually. Tyson's attention fell on Kenny, who looked like he was going to be sick with nerves. "Don't worry Chief, you'll be great at the show, I'm sure there is no question ever created in this world that can't be answered by you. Anyway, you'll always have Dizzy to help you out.."

Kenny chuckles. "Thanks Ty."

Tyson winks saying, "No problem!!" but his expression suddenly changed, "Oh-noo, how could I forget....talk to you later Chief. Gotta go!"

He roamed the studio looking around to find the show's host, Ms Tory. A woman in her thirties was adjusting her hair busy in her own thoughts when Tyson tap her shoulder, jerking her back to reality. "Argh...What do you want now?!! Oh... I'm sorry Mr. Granger!!, I didn't notice you coming."

"Hey, it's no big deal. I was the one who scared the life out of you!!" he says smiling goofily.

"So nice of you.... How can I help you Mr Granger?"

"Could you please not ask Kai anything more than two questions and that too nothing outside beyblading?"

She looked cross at the request, and tried explaining its importance to him, "But it's his first time and he is the center of attraction for today's show..."

"It's kinda a deal we made to bring him here. Otherwise, he'll just walk out of the stage mid-show and we definitely don't want that to happen, do we? "

"Oh... (her smile fades) OK then I'll see to it that I don't ask him too many questions." she accepted his stance, though looking very unhappy with it.

Tyson added. "And make sure he isn't the center of attraction either... he kind of wants it to be that way."

"Yeah. I forgot about that.." said Mr. Dickenson, entering our conversation.

"OK Mr Dikenson I'll see to it." she said smiling brightly on seeing the chairman of BBA.

"Thank you ma'am." he replies cordially. Ms Tory leaves the two of them, heading to start the show. Tyson turns to Mr Dickenson. "Hello Mr D, what brings you to the backstage?"

"Well the show managers did not look after the 'CHECK-IN SECURITY MEASURES' properly due to the large number of audience. So, I thought of informing Kai beforehand..."

"We aren't leaving, are we?" Tyson asks, a bit worried about the news.

"No... That's what surprised me too. He just gave me his standard 'Hn' ."

"Well that's..... I don't even know what you could call it in Kai's case. Anyway, Bye Mr D."

"Bye my boy, and Tyson, I'm leaving for New York now. See you soon."

******

"Good evening ladies and gentlemen I'm Mrs Tory and I'm going to be your host for the day. Today, for The Grand Finale, we have the most awaited, Two-Time World Champions of Beyblade, 'The Blade Breakers'!!"

The four of them came from the opposite sides of the stage. Max and Tyson from the left while Ray and Kai came from the right. Kenny decided at the last moment not to take part at all. All of them were gracefully accepting their admirers' best wishes in their own style. Tyson was a bit too jumpy with excitement while Kai just gave a nod to a few of them.