T W O

🌹🌹🌹🌹

Theo walked into his room from the bathroom after having showered and gotten dressed for the first day of a new high school and first day of daycare for Emma

It was six in the morning.

He moved over to her playpen where his daughter was sleeping inside, yet he found her sitting up playing with a stuffed animal.

"Hey, sweetheart," Theo spoke softly towards his girl who looked up at him and smiled, "Good morning."

"Dada," The one year old cooed at him as the young father picked her up in his arms, one hand on her back.

The eighteen year old carried her downstairs to warm her bottle up and to feed her.

Charlie was currently sitting at the small, oak table in the corner of their kitchen, reading today's newspaper and drinking his usual morning coffee.

The Sheriff glanced up from his paper and spoke up, "You two are up early."

Theo stuck a bottle of milk in the microwave to warm up while looking over at his father, "Yeah, I've gotta drop Em here off at daycare on my way to school."

Charlie folded his newspaper in half and placed it back on the table before he reached for his granddaughter as Theo handed her over to him, "Hey, beautiful."

Theo took out the bottle and handed it to his father who began to feed his granddaughter the milk inside it, "You know, from one dad to another... you're doing good as a parent, son."

The eighteen year old smiled and nodded, saying, "Thanks, Dad, I learned from the best." He glanced at the time, "Tell Bella I'll meet her at school. We've gotta go. Emma's orientation starts in like half an hour."

Emma had just finished the last drop of her bottle as she was handed back to her father who held her again.

She let out a light burp and was placed inside of her car seat and buckled in.

Theo carried her bag, his bag, and his daughter in the car seat and headed out of the house and over to his truck.

He strapped the car seat in the backseat and tickled Emma's belly some as she smiled at him. "A new day, Em."

Theo sat down in his driver's seat and buckled up himself before starting the truck and pulling out of the driveway, now driving down the road.

***

Once Theo had dropped off his daughter at daycare, he parked in the high school's parking lot next to his sister's orange pickup truck.