Chapter 1 - Technically yes

"Erin!!" The door of Erin's train compartment was ripped open brutally, revealing her best friend, Beatrice Haywood. Beatrice was about the exact opposite of Erin and they had only been friends for three years when they both got on the Hufflepuff quidditch team, but they had been pretty inseparable ever since.

"Hello B", Erin said and pulled the girl into a hug. Beatrice was slightly mad, Erin thought. She had short, blonde hair and was surprisingly malicious for a Hufflepuff. She had a knack for finding trouble and certainly made Erin's life a lot more interesting. Erin on the other hand was more calm and collected, finding joy in simple things rather than blowing up the composting tank next to the Herbology classroom. They balanced each other out, though. Erin made sure Beatrice didn't get expelled every year and Beatrice pulled Erin out of her comfort zone as often as she could. She also encouraged Erin to ask out Oliver, but regretted it pretty badly now.

"So, how has your summer been?" Beatrice asked as she shoved her trunk away.

"Pretty quiet ever since I left your house. Mum worked a lot." Erin's mum worked as a nurse at St. Mungo's and because she was the only one providing for their family, she was rarely at home. Erin liked being back in her hometown, visiting old friends, but she was secretly counting down the days until she could go back to her real home, Hogwarts.

More and more passengers entered the Hogwarts express as it was about to set off. A couple of younger Hufflepuffs passed their compartment, but quickly moved along after Beatrice sent them a death glare.

"So, who is going to be this year's crush?" Beatrice asked and wiggled her eyebrows. Erin chuckled. The girl was always so invested in her love life, even though she had never mentioned a crush of her own. Erin had a feeling Beatrice was into seventh year Ravenclaw Meredith Johanson, but never got a response when she asked her about it.

"Absolutely no one. I don't have time for such irrelevant matters this year", Erin said, already looking forward to the first quidditch meeting.

"Still going for captain?"

"Most definitely, yes. It's my main focus."

"Well, I think you can make it. You're a terrific chaser, but your insight in tactics is out of this world." Erin smiled at the exaggerated compliment. She could always count on Beatrice to be her hype woman, which was one of the many reasons she liked her so much.

"Speaking of team captains", Beatrice mumbled as Oliver Wood walked by. He quickly glanced in their direction, but didn't even seem to recognize her. She hadn't even left an impression on him. He didn't care in the slightest.

"I can still cut off his nutsack you know", Beatrice shrugged, bringing Erin's mood up again.

"I'm past that now, don't worry", Erin mumbled and watched the train roll out of the station. The year had officially begun.

A loud knock echoed through their compartment and Erin's little brother Benjamin stormed in.

"Did you see him? That was Oliver, soon to be my team captain", he said excitedly. Benjamin was thirteen, entering his third year and he was determined to make the quidditch team of his house, Gryffindor. Obviously the little boy had no idea about his sister's previous crush, so Erin tried to sound as interested as possible.

"I did, you better get on his good side then", she chuckled.

"You reckon I should introduce myself?" the boy asked, jumping from one foot to another.

"Definitely not, don't try too hard", Beatrice added. Gryffindor only needed reserves this year, but Benjamin would be happy to even be a water boy.