Maniac on crack

Aliza never was a fan of supernatural creatures, hell she thought they were all stupid and brood too much. The one time she decided to read a book about them, was the last time of all.

She couldn't understand why on earth would Bella choose to be with a guy who was literally a thousand years older than her or why on earth would Edward go back to high school despite the fact that his family had an impressive bank balance.

'I was unconditionally and irrevocably in love with him...'

She snorted

Hence the situation where she laughed like a maniac on crack when her parents said something that was beyond unreal in her opinion.

"So you're telling me," She exhaled through her mouth, clutching her sides as she continued, "That you guys are ancient witches? And uncle Vincent is your leader?"

They both nodded.

And the laughing began.

Again.

Aliza covered her face with her hands, taking deep breaths. Laughing so much had deprived her of oxygen. She wiped her eyes and blinked a few times to clear her vision.

"Yeah and unicorns are real and pigs can fly." 

Mithila and Rome exchanged glances, they weren't expecting their daughter to react like this. As if this all were nothing but a big, weird joke.

But what were they expecting anyways.

Rome sighed, he knew the only way to make Aliza believe that he was a witch would be to show her. And they already had a good hour-long debate about this. 

They watched as Aliza walked towards the kitchen, silently mumbling as she shook her head. She poured herself a glass of water and leaned against the counter. She gulped the entire thing down in one go.

Mithila got up from the couch and turned to look at Aliza. She eyed the glass that was clutched in her hands.

A single blink and the glass was suspended in the air, floating like gas around the room. Mithila watched as Aliza's eyes grew wider and her mouth hung open.

This was followed by Aliza's five stages of acceptance.

Shock

Denial

Depression

Sarcasm

And acceptance itself.

She was somewhere between the third and fourth state.

Probably the reason why she had locked herself in her room and only came out when her parents bribed her with the promise of one litre of strawberry milkshake.

They sat down again, to properly discuss things out. Whatever that's supposed to mean for Aliza. Sure they had the weirdest family debates but this was something out of the world for her.

They sat in the dining room waiting for the arrival of uncle Vincent, her parents' old friend that surprisingly had really good skin for fifty-five years old.

Growing up uncle Vincent was the only person, outside of her mom and dad, that could be called family. He taught her values and morals that helped shape her opinion. But there was always something dark about him.

Not just his skin but the way he held himself. She couldn't quite put a finger on it. But he had this grace and elegance about him. Maybe it was the way he moved his fingers as if he were playing an imaginary instrument or it was the way he walked as if he owned the damn house or maybe it was the way he talked as if he was a king that had walked this earth for centuries and the rest were just mere villagers in front of him.