She is lovely

The first day of Freya's stay was a little better. Aliza noticed the change in her behaviour. She seemed more composed and calm than she did when they had first met. And it did make things a little easier between them.

Conversations between them were somewhat stiff and awkward. But as time went by Aliza found her presence comfortable. And it became a lot easier to talk to Freya. The most surprising thing was that she enjoyed talking to Freya. The woman was calm and collected, and for someone who was an ancient witch, seemed fairly modest in her part.

 Since Aliza had her summer holidays and plenty of time in her hands. It was nice having Freya around. Usually, her summers were spent in her own company. It was nice not being home alone. Being the only child and with her mother, a psychiatrist, and her father, a paediatrician, she was often left alone.

 There was only so much company Vincent could keep her. And she didn't have many close friends she could hang out with, given that her parents were busy. A lot. 

Freya wasn't certainly a picnic. Her unending questions were kind of annoying. It seemed as if she wanted to know everything, from her favourite colour to her favourite subject to her favourite food. It was a bit weird if she was being honest. Freya also shared about her family. 

As far as she knew from her. They lived in New Orleans, and she had been living with them for two years. She found the Mikaelson family quite amusing. Because of bickering tales that Freya had narrated.

For a bunch of powerful vampires, they sure fought like immature teenagers.

"I'll see you next month," Freya said as she approached her. She smiled back and stretched her arms. Freya hugged her, squeezing her slightly. 

She watched as Freya climbed in the cab, after once again waving at her. She waved back, feeling a little sad about her departure. 

After Freya was gone Vincent stayed for a few hours before going back to his house. Aliza felt a little nervous at the thought of living in New Orleans for a while.

Honestly, she thought Vincent was joking when he said she was something superior to the rest of them.

But he was serious.

And she was screwed.

_________________

The ringtone of Freya's phone echoed in the cab. She dug her purse and answered the call, knowing well enough from whom it was.

"Did you meet her?" Elijah asked, skipping straight to the point. He had been on edge the entire time, he was eager to meet the girl himself but because of his fear, he chose to wait.

A slow smile spread on Freya's face at the thought of her. She said, "Yes, I did."

"How is she?" Elijah asked quietly.

She sighed and replied, "She's lovely, Elijah. She's smart, funny, so full of life. She's.... perfect."

Elijah took a sharp breath and said, "I see."

"Finn would've been proud of how she's grown up."

"I still don't think this is a good idea." He remarked. The guilt that he felt was so burdened, he had no idea how he would handle himself once he would meet the girl face to face. 

Freya sighed and said, "She's family." 

That simple statement was enough for him to not push this topic any further. He felt so torn apart and had no idea how to feel about all this. Though he was more than happy to welcome his niece he also felt remorseful about what he did to Finn.