Chapter 19: Return To Battle

Y/N's POV

For the past 5 or 6 hours we've been at Clint and Laura's house, hiding out while we wait for news on Ultron. I wasn't exactly a fan of children, they were relatively annoying after a while, but Clint's kids were surprisingly bearable. I commend the couple for raising their children so well. It was starting to get dark outside. Apparently Fury had decided to make a grand appearance, and was making a sandwich in the kitchen while we were all scattered around him.

"Ultron took you folks out of play to buy himself time. My contacts all say he's building something. The amount of vibranium he made off with, I don't think it's just one thing." Fury explained, glancing over his shoulder at us. I didn't like where this was going.

"Wonderful. That's my favourite thing to hear." I mumbled, pinching the bridge of my nose, not wanting to think about what exactly that vibranium would be for.

"What about Ultron himself?" Steve asked, probably wondering if Fury knew where the robot was.

"Oh, he's easy to track. He's everywhere." Fury quickly stated.

"Absolutely wonderful. We're fighting a guy who has access to everything, is everywhere at the same time, and yet we still can't find his physical body." I sighed, running a hand through my hair and looking down.

"What about the twins?" I said, keeping my eyes down towards my feet.

"No word on their location yet, but wherever Ultron goes, they're bound to follow." Fury replied. The fact he was calmly making a sandwich during all of this was unnerving.

"Is he still after those launch codes?" Tony questioned as he threw a dart towards the dartboard.

"Indeed. Not making any headway though." Fury responded.

"I cracked the Pentagon's firewall in high school on a dare." Tony looked over. I didn't know if he was issuing a challenge or tooting his own horn.

"I killed over 80 highly trained S.H.I.E.L.D agents when I was 15." I chimed in, staring Tony down. I noticed him tense slightly before easing.

"Easy, tiger. No need to dwell on the past." Tony raised his hands in defence, causing me to narrow my eyes.

"Anyway, he's fixated on the missiles. But the codes are constantly being changed." Fury got the topic back on track.

"Whose changing them?" Steve quizzed.

"Parties unknown." Fury replied, a dart whizzing past Tony's face just before he spoke. I'd be lying if I said it wasn't amusing to see Tony's face at nearly being hit.

"So, we got an ally?" I questioned.

"Ultron has an enemy. That's not the same thing. Still, I'd pay folding money to know who it is." Fury answered. Whether that was good or bad, I had no clue.

"Well, this is good times, boss, but I was kind of hoping when I saw you, you'd have more than that." Natasha quickly stated. I glanced at her, silently agreeing with the statement.

"I do. I have you." He replied.

"Is that supposed to be funny?" I raised an eyebrow. Fury simply shook his head.