34. Broken But Yours

Amber's P.O.V.:

I was busy preparing for Mr. Adams' party when I got a call from Jade.

"Hello? Jade?" I asked.

"Amber, where are you?" she asked. 

"I am at the hall, preparing for the party. Why?" I asked. 

"Umm...I needed your help. Could you please come and meet me by the lake? I wanted to discuss something with you. It's kinda urgent." she said. Her voice indeed sounded as if there was some kind of urgency so I hurriedly walked out of the resort towards the lake area. 

Usually the lake area was decorated with fairy lights but today it was decorated differently. There were multiple lanterns on the edges of the path and few were hanging from the trees and it looked extremely beautiful. I walked towards the lake when I noticed that there was a table set up arranged by the lake and a small heart was made with pink rose petals by the table.

"Did you like it, Love?" I heard Chris' voice.

"No, I didn't like it, Mr. Collins." I said with neutral face and tried to walk away when he held my hand.

"Amber...please don't leave." he held my wrist. I quickly moved away from his grip. I could see the hurt in his eyes. 

"I don't see why I should stay." I said without facing him.

"I know I haven't ever given any reason to you to stay but can I ask you to stay and listen to whatever I have to tell you?" he asked.

I didn't speak anything and stayed quiet.

He took it as a cue and started speaking. My mind was telling me to just walk away but my heart wanted to wait and listen to what he had to say.

"You are the most precious person to me, Amber. I never realized what really loving another meant until you made me feel your love for me. I am broken and there is no denying to it but I want to be yours. I have committed horrible mistakes in the past and honestly, I took your love for granted. That is the reason I brought us in this situation today. I am sorry for everything. Please give me one last chance and I shall cherish it for a lifetime. Allow me to fix everything. I have broken your heart, my heart and our relationship." He said and the pain he was going through was evident in his voice. I could feel my eyes tearing up.

"Stop it, Chris. Just stop it. I am tired now. I don't want to hear another word from your mouth. I don't want to know what you used think and what you think now. I am not interested in knowing how you've changed and how you are ready to do anything for my forgiveness. Quit already because you're not getting my forgiveness. Ever! We can never be the way we used to be. It's over and try to make peace with it. You are just adding more sadness in my life." 

"Amber..."

"Please, Chris. I beg you to just leave me alone. I don't want to listen to anything that you want to say. Just go back and continue your life. I don't want to be a part of your life anymore." 

"Amber, I am sorry. I don't know what should I do to make you believe that I am not the same old insensitive Chris anymore.  I want to change and I have changed...for you. The day you left, I felt like you took life out my life along with you." he said. 

"It's late for all these things, Chris. You have hurt me enough...so much that even thinking about that incident brings a weird kind of feeling in my heart. I can't help it. And I cannot forgive you. You don't trust me and that feels like a slap on my face. So, please...I beg you. Leave me alone and just go away. I can't be sure if one day you will come and blame me for cheating on you again and hurt me the same way in the future. You know what, I don't have faith in you anymore." I said and without waiting for his reply, I walked away.