𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈. MALFOY MANOR

CHAPTER EIGHTMALFOY MANOR

CHAPTER EIGHT
MALFOY MANOR

§ § §

I had to be losing it. That had to be the only reasonable explanation as to why I was currently standing outside the gates to the Malfoy Manor, where my biggest and worst enemies currently were.

But I was brought here for a reason. I hadn't apparated here on purpose. I had just closed my eyes and disapparated and allowed myself to be pulled to wherever I wanted to go the most.

The Malfoy Manor was not what I'd been expecting. 

I thought about leaving. Leaving felt wrong. It felt wrong in a way I couldn't explain. Almost as if part of me had business to take care of here and I couldn't leave until that business was done.

So I took a shaky breath, and I started forward.

I expected many alarms to go off when I touched the gates, but nothing happened. My hand passed right through the protective magical barrier and onto the handles, allowing me to push the gates open.

"Well they aren't very secure..." I trailed off, slightly confused as to why that had been so easy, but not really complaining about it, either.

As I walked up to the Manor, I tried to remember the last time I'd been here. I was pretty sure it was back in first year for their Christmas Ball.

Life was so much simpler then.

My biggest worry had been whether I was going to dance with Noah or Draco. And how to properly mouth off Lucius Malfoy.

A smirk grew on my face as I remember how rude I'd been to him. And if he was here today, I had no doubt in my mind I'd be just as rude now.

The smirk fell when I realized that Draco was going to be here. I was going to walk inside and see him in person for the first time since that night, and I wasn't ready. I was still so mad at him and my heart still ached every time I thought about him.

I felt my heartbeat increase as I reached the doors and took a few deep breaths, trying not to let the fear take over me.

But, seriously. What was I doing? I had Horcruxes to find! I had an enemy to kill before he killed me!

Yet here I was, standing on his doorstep.

I knocked.

Almost instantly, the door swung open to reveal ten Death Eaters, all with their wands raised at my face. I recognized most of them, but a few of them I didn't know.