7 - thunderstruck

a/n - disclaimer! this chapter is heavily inspired by ouran host club and i do not claim originality for these ideas. enjoy!

shinsou's pov - 11:38 pm

i flopped onto my bed, after taking kage for a short walk. we had looped around the dorms once, before it started raining. together, we headed back inside, and i took a quick shower and dried off myself and kage from the rain. by then, the rain got heavier and a thunderstorm rolled in. i pulled out my phone to see what midoriya had just sent me when i heard a hurried knock on the door.

opening up the door, a loud burst of thunder reverberated throughout the building. i was met by a shaking girl colliding into my arms, and she burrowed her face into my chest.

lightly, i pushed her back slightly to take a look at her face, "(l/n) what's wrong? are you okay?"

instead of replying, she whimpered in my arms and i closed the room to my softly. hesitantly, i led her further into my room and wrapped her up in my blanket. "you need to tell me what's wrong so i can help (l/n)." i cupped her face to force her to make her look up at me, and lightly wiped away the stray tears on her face.

"a-astraphobia." she whispered, almost inaudible wuth the sounds of the storm on the outside.

i paused, thinking for a moment. on some lucky chance, as a kid i read a book of phobias because my dad forced me to learn more about humans and how they think. "fear of thunder?" i softly asked.

she nodded, and curled up as the thunder outside shook the building. i grabbed my headphones from my desk, hooked it up to my phone, and swiftly and gently placed them onto (l/n)'s ears. pulling her deeper into the room, i brought her to the corner and made a mini pillow/blanket fort around us. slowly, i pulled the girl back into my arms, and made sure she was comfortable.

(l/n) was able to calm down a bit, and started relaxing as her shoulders lost their tension. she pulled back ever so slightly, so that i could properly see her face.

with a small smile, she pointed to her headphones, "thunderstruck? really shinsou?" she whispered with a slightly crackly voice from the crying.

i brought my finger up to my lips, and playfully shushed her. grabbing my phone to see what music playlist she was listening to, i chuckled. it really was thunderstruck, on my playlist titled 'rock til you drop'.  to tease the curled up girl, i increased the volume a bit more to hit the max, and she pouted in retaliation, both hands shooting up to the headphones.

she was about to pull them off her head, when thunder boomed throughout the room, and i placed my hands over hers to make sure they stayed on. i must've had a concerned look on my face, as she quirked (lol) her head to the side slightly, lips slightly parted.

lowering the volume on the music back to where it was before, i lightly patted her head in reassurance. she continued to pout by crossing her arms, and i simply turned my body to sit next to her, ever so slightly maintaining contact with her to remind her that she's not alone.

kage stuck her head into our warm fort, before deciding to climb in with us. she bounced over to (l/n) and rested in her lap, purring quietly. (l/n) became to lightly pet kage, as she closed her eyes and leaned her head against the wall behind us.

without either of us consciously noticing, we leaned into each other, unaware of the comforting touch.

silently, we fell asleep next to each other, backs against the wall behind us.

time skip brought to you by momgiri 💕

(y/n)'s pov - 6:58 am

i tried to flip around my body, assuming i was in my comfy bed after hanging out with shinsou. but i couldn't. what?

my eyes fluttered open to see shinsou's tired and sleeping face beside me.

w h a t ? ? ?

looking down, i notice that our arms are around each other, and that kage was happily laying between us. what kind of anime, fanfiction bullshit is this?? somehow, shinsou's headphones were still slightly on my head, so i pulled them off. how did i even sleep with music still playing???

plot convenience. what the hell is this???? shhhh he's waking up.

just as the disembodied voice said, shinsou's eyes opened to meet mine. if i wasn't blushing before, i sure as hell am now.

instead of facing the situation head on, i decided to ignore it, and lightly removed my arms from around his warm body. holding the headphones in my hands, i shyly held them out to him, "uh... thanks for helping me out last night. you're a life saver."

"who else would help a little cry baby like you in the middle of the night?" he teased.

while he laughed, i playfully pushed his shoulder, muttering, "jerk."

this made him laugh even more, seeing me turn my head away and cross my arms. his hand met my head, and he lightly patted my slightly messy hair.

i shrugged him off and grabbed his phone from the floor. 7:13 am. "shit, we gotta get ready for school. i'm gonna go back to my room and change, you want some coffee?"

i hopped up onto my feet, stabilizing myself for a second until i got my bearings, and turned to face the door. "coffee sounds great, thanks (l/n)."

"see you in the living room shinsou."

third person pov

the girl headed back to her room, still slightly flushed over how she acted last night. 'ugh i'm such an idiot. i hope i wasn't too annoying last night...'

the boy remained sitting for a bit, before getting up to give kage her food, 'she's strange, don't you think so kage? strange...'

was it fate that brought them together that night? or simply a longing to be with each other? they'll never realize, too tired and too exhausted from school, but always using each other to make their nights better.

word count - 1055