l. five

It felt like a cold war.

"Sawyer, could you pass me the salt?" asked Charlie, and when she did, he kissed her cheek. "Thanks baby."

"Oh, Sawyer, I remembered you told me in your last letter that your pink sweater, your favorite, ripped up a bit. I didn't get around to wrapping it, but I hope you'd like this one," Oliver gave her a black bag, and when she looked inside she saw a sweater identical to her ripped one.

"Oliver, thank you! It looks the same!"

"I had it made just for you," he smiled widely, and she smiled right back. Charlie's ears were tinted with red. "Hope you like it."

"I do, thank you so much, Oli. You're the best!"

"I know I am," he grinned, and she stood up to hug him. A bite of the bread got caught in Charlie's throat, and Sirius was raising his eyebrows.

"I thought I was a player," he mumbled to Remus, who kicked his leg lightly. "Ow! Moony!"

When Oliver stepped back, he had a crooked smile on his face, and Sawyer's cheeks were suddenly pinker than a moment earlier (George mused it was still very pale).

"'Mione," Fred suddenly spoke up. "Mind passing me the cheese?"

"I don't know," she said coldly. "Why not ask--"

"Mum!" Ron suddenly called out, and the group all turned to look at the stairs. Molly Weasley's hair was duller than a week before, and a few graying hairs fell to her face from the ponytail. Her clothes, that used to compliment her plump body, were now baggy, and her eyes were surrounded by wrinkles and dark circles. 

"Hello," she greeted, trying to put on a smile. "Percy, dear, I'm so happy to see you," she choked out, before said son rushed to hug her.

"I am so sorry, mum. I was an idiot."

"As long as you're aware," George joked, and the group all released dry chuckles. Sawyer conjured a chair and freed some space at the table. Kreacher joined her, and she nodded her thanks to him. 

"Let's sit down for breakfast, alright?" Remus asked. "Lee and Oliver will soon have to leave, and I bet that Sawyer and Kreacher have some plans for the evening the require us all to not be in the kitchen." 

"That is correct, dad," Sawyer grinned.

"Would you mind if I joined?" Molly asked as she took a seat next to Ginny. 

"We'd love that," Kreacher smiled. Harry looked at the house-elf in surprise. He was too polite for him to find it normal. 

"I thought I'm the chef tonight," Sirius stated.

"Not after you burned the rice, dad," Sawyer shook her head as she sat down next to Charlie.

"You burned rice, Padfoot?" Remus questioned.

"Shut up Moony. I was distracted."

"By what?"

"By your mum!"

::

Sawyer's eyes stared at the water inside the pot. The fire underneath it was making it hotter and hotter, but there was... 

There was something there.

So she reached out to check what it was, but suddenly saw that whatever was inside was reaching out as well, and she tilted her head.

She touched the water.

And something touched back.

::