Day 34-37: Worker-san

Thursday when the player known as Worker-san logged into Second Chance, the first thing she did was look at the rising sun through the small window. It was the first day of school for the players that had participated in the second Comming of Age Ceremony and choosen scholar as their Basic Class.

Her roommate was still not connected so she prepared herself and left for the dining hall were she was given her free breackfast, bread and soup, and went to her first lesson: Basic Life Affinity

"Life is delicate, fragile... you have to tend to it, nurture it until it blooms..."

The lesson was taught by a tamer/herborist. She made the class plant seeds in a pot and told them that this would be their responsabilityfor the rest of the month. they also received a thin book detailing what a living thing was, how to reconise a living thing and how to keep them alive. the book then gave a few details on the most common plants and animals and suggested a number of books to read on the subject.

At lunch time her roommate sat next to her and they chatted a bit then they parted for their second lesson.

Basic rituals had few students, barelybtwenty yet there was six teachers wailing for them. The first thing they did was separate students who already had knowledge about a sivilisation from those who didn't. those who did would then chose a what kind pf ritual they wanted to learn. Since she knew of the greeck, chineese and nordic civilisation and culture Worker-san had access to their rituals. She chose to learn the tea ceremony first and was put under the care of an asian looking beauty.

For hours she watched her twirl and mix the tea but couldn't reach the peacefull and relaxed stare that was needed to procedd to the rest of the ceremony and after thinking deeply decided that this wasn't the kind of ritual she wanted to do. when she told her teacher she expected a negative output yet she simply excepted it after saying that not everyone is made for the art of tea ceremony.
Worker-san spent the rest of the afternoon observing the rest of the class to find a ritual that matcher her. In a corner of the room she saw two girls painting each others face with colored mud and dancing at their own rithm.

Somehow the way they unlished their energy appealed to Worker-san and she stuck arround. when the lesson ended she went to an old women wrapped in furrs and wearing an elk head as a hood and holding a staff with feathers and an animal skull.

"Yes?"
"I was wondering what rituals you were teaching."
"This was the Amazone's dance of the bravery"
"Amazones?"
"One of the greek civilisations. They were clans of women warriors that lived in tribes led by their queen. Noble and brave women who protected their territories and sisters from anyone who dared attack them."
"I see... on what are rheir ritual based? I saw no rithm or sequence..."
"On the feelings inside of them"
"The feelings?"
"Yes"

As far as she could remember it the women known as Worker-san had always folowed the laws of logic. Her participation in Second Chance was a way to abandon that logic and have fun. Yet since her arrival here she had mostly soent time learning a new logic.
The logic of Second Chance.
This dance without logic, driven purely on instinct and emosion was the complete oposite to Worker-san's life style.
Maybe that was why it attracted her so much...Basic Dark Affinity]

"I want to try it."
"Hum... we will see at the next lesson."
"Very well."

With the day over Worker san went to the library and started Reading the books the teacher from the Life Affinity course had recommended. When the sun came down she went back to her room and logged off while lying in her bed.

Friday's lessons were Basic Dark Affinity and Basic Alchemy.

"Dark magic doesn't mean evil magic. Those are hexes. No, Dark magic means produsing a negative effect on the target that allows you to take the upper hand. for exemple thevspell [Blind]..."