paparazzi overwhelms you

Walking hand in hand with Hailee down the sidewalk, you let your cheek fall onto her shoulder as a rush of happiness came over you.

"I've missed nights like these with you." You mumbled and lifted your head as she kissed your forehead softly. "I know you get busy sometimes and I do too. I think it just makes me love the time we get together even more."

Reflecting back on the last couple of hours you've spent out on the town, all you could think about was how content and genuinely happy you felt. She's not always busy and you've been lucky to have so much time with her lately.

But you've missed your date nights. Most of them have been spent at home, which you don't mind at all. Cozy pajamas or sweats, takeout, cuddles, and cozy movies are always a great way to spend the evenings with her.

But you've missed going to cozy cafes and romantic dinner spots.

"Same here, baby. I'm cherishing every moment spent with you!" She smiled. "Now what should we do next? A cafe? Ice cream? A movie? A walk through the park or maybe along the beach?"

"That all sounds so wonderful, I don't know which to pick." You said as you began to contemplate what to do next. You were just about to throw the choices back to her and have her pick since you couldn't seem to choose. But just as you opened your mouth, there was an all too familiar sound coming from behind you.

Fast and heavy footsteps. The sound of yours' and Hailee's name being called out by loud and some deep voices. Camera flashes that you somehow heard over the pounding of your heart.

"Shoot," she muttered under her breath. "Okay. I know where we can go, baby. There's a little cafe just down a few blocks. Just lean on me, keep your head down, focus on me. Don't let them or their words get to you."

You nodded and started to watch your feet move. It was hard to ignore or block out the loud sounds and the somewhat absurd questions that would leave their mouths.

Hailee gave your hand a squeeze when she felt it shake in her own. She brushed her thumb across your knuckles and lifted her head for only a second, only intending to look at you and make sure that you were alright.

But she noticed one of them coming too close to you. He was barely giving you any room to breathe and if you looked up his camera would be right in your face.

"Hey!" She yelled, catching his attention. "Leave her be. She's nervous enough with the lack of privacy you give us and the fact that you barely give us any room to breathe. Just step back, leave her alone. She's anxious!"

She pulled you to her side and held you tight. While you continued to watch your feet move and took some deep breaths, she started to watch for the cafe.

"It's alright, baby girl. We're almost there." She promised again and again until you finally reached the door.

She let out a breath of relief and guided you inside. The loud camera flashes and yells faded away as you stepped inside the warm and quiet cafe. It was cozy and the smell of sweet treats and drinks filled the air.

"Take a seat, baby." She whispered and led you to a table. She sat beside you and laid a few kisses to your arm and head. "Doing alright?"

You took one more deep breath before nodding your head and lifting it to look at her. She sent you a smile then kissed you softly. "Your favorite?" She asked as she stood up and pointed to the register.

"Yes, please."

She nodded and kissed your forehead before she headed toward the counter to order you both something sweet.