𝟑𝟎 - 𝐂𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝𝐧'𝐭 𝐋𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐘𝐨𝐮

After asking a few protocol droids and sliding down a few marble floored hallways I eventually reached Padme's old room. Inside I came across a glorious closet, crammed with various glamorous dresses, accessories and every other piece of clothing you could imagine. They almost spilled out of the wardrobe as they begged to be worn.

I wasn't one for being a girly-girl but it seemed I had no choice as I riled through the hangars, failing to find any outfit that would not make me look like I was heading for a grand gala of some sort.

My hair had curled and dried in a voluminous cascade by the time I gave up, and the towel now accepted it's fate of most likely being wrapped round my body forever. As I put my hands on my hips and sighed in defeat, I heard a flurry of footsteps storm up behind me.

Suddenly, a hand wrapped round my arm. The cold, crisp leather glove left goose bumps trailing up my skin as my back was pushed up against the wall

"Zac?!" Anakin hissed through his teeth "do you not remember what he almost did to you?!"

"Anakin, let go of me!" I writhed under his grasp, but his grip on my arm only tightened. He clearly wasn't going to let go until I gave him an explanation. Giving in, I began "a lot has changed since you died Anakin, one of those being Zac. He's different now"

"do you love him?" he asked bluntly. He leaned closer, his deep blue eyes searching my face for a response, his face was so close to mine, I could feel his cool breath against the sensitive skin of my neck.

I wanted to scream out of course not are you crazy? Anakin, I can't get you off my mind, you're the only thing I can think about. all day, all night. how could I possibly love anyone else?

but instead I just glared right back at him, he thinks he can push me around? lets see how he likes it.

"well what about you hm?" with my hands against his chest, I shoved him backwards "Kayla seems to be completely entranced by just the sight of you"

"I don't know what your talking about" he said crossing his arms and rolling his eyes, like its not obvious that she practically swoons head over heels every time he walks into the room.

He shook his head and began to argue back "She doesn- wait noo don't turn this round on me. I want to know, WHY HIM (Y/N). WHAT, DID IT SERIOUSLY ONLY TAKE A FEW DAYS FOR YOU TO FORGET ABOUT ME BEFORE YOU MOVED ON?"

"TELL ME YOU'RE JOKING, YOU- YOU ARE IMPOSSIBLE ANAKIN"

"I DIDN'T WANT ANY OF THIS, YOU THINK I WANTED TO LEAVE YOU? YOU THINK I ENJOYED BEING AWAY FROM YOU FOR MONTHS ON END, NOT BEING ABLE TO KEEP MY MIND OFF YOU FOR EVEN A SECOND? THEN TO COME HOME AND SEE YOU WITH...HIM"

He threw his arms up in frustration as we both boiled over with emotion, mostly anger.

"what did you expect Anakin? NO REALLY, PLEASE ELABORATE"

He clenched his jaw tight shut and scowled down at me as I proceeded to taunt him.

"WERE YOU EXPECTING ME TO PLAN YOU A WELCOME BACK FROM THE DEAD PARTY OR SOMETHING? oh Anakin, I'm so glad you're home, oh don't worry about the emotional trauma I had to go through, nooooo let's just go back to how we were in fact, kiss me" I threw myself sarcastically into his arms and pouted my lips

I thought he'd throw me to the floor and storm out in rage. But, instead he held me there in his arms. His hands were held tightly around my waist and my arm wrapped round his neck. We stayed there for a few moments, his eyes travelled down to my lips but they didn't stop there...

Just as quickly as it had begun, the moment disappeared as I became aware of the very little covering I had on my body.

Snapping back to reality, I clawed myself off him and pretended like nothing just happened as I returned to the wardrobe to pick an outfit. When I thought he'd leave, he only came closer once again. He began to also rile through the multiple clothes that burst out the closet.

"This one" Holding out a long dress, he beckoned for me to take it. It was long and beautiful but it wasn't too flash or showy. It was perfect. (a/n) I'll leave it up to your imagination I showed my gratitude with just a slight nod as I took it from his hand.

Any anger I just had towards him had washed away instantly as he smiled at me.

We stood there awkwardly for a second before he realised that he had to leave the room when I got undressed now.

He turned to leave, but before he could shut the door behind him, I called out without daring to face him.

"He was there, when I needed you most"

"I did it to protect you. If you had known I was alive then your life would have been at risk, I couldn't take any chances. I couldn't lose you"

"but you still did"