10

The next month passes too quickly. It's full of butterflies and laughter. Cedric is the perfect guy and every single part of me is falling for him. Probably already fell. He's only mentioned the tournament once since our initial conversation about it.

It has caused on obvious tension. I made my thoughts clear. People die in that tournament. It would never be worth it. No amount of money or glory could be worth your life. That much was clear to me. He had hummed, it felt more like he was acknowledging i had spoken then actually agreed.

It's the day before halloween and the student from Durmstrang and Beauxbatons are due to arrive. The bell ends signalling the end of potions. "Adequate work today you two," Snape's voice drawls before he turns away. From him that's a large compliment. Cedric grins to me, throwing his arm around my shoulder

"Hear that darling, we are adequate," he grins pressing a kiss to my temple as he pulls my bag from my opposite shoulder and places it on his own next to his bag.

"Ced you really don't need to carry my-"

"How many times are we gonna have this conversation? Pretty girls like you don't carry there own bags," he smiles down at me

"Ever the gentleman," I tease. I take that hand from the arm that is slung over my shoulder pressing a kiss too it that I know he takes as my thanks.

"So, I was talking to my dad," he tells me as we begin to walk towards the great hall

"How is he?" I question, I had really liked Amos when I met him in the limited time I spent with him at the Quidditch World Cup

"He's well, asked after you,"

"You talk about me to your dad?" I question shocked

"Well, yeah," he admires blushing "do you?"

"Hmm?"

"Mention me. When you write to home,"

"Obviously. Auntie Lil knows everything about me and Dad has uncle Rem spying on us,"

"Right," he laughs lightly, from the stories he's heard about my dad I assume he isn't surprised "so dad mentioned a ball is tradition with the tournament,"

"The Yule ball," I nod "Auntie Lil has already insisted I meet her and go dress shopping one day. Apparently the ball she went too at Hogwarts was the third best day of her life. Uncle James hates when she says that as she turned him down to be her date,"

"So, I-" he's cut off in what I almost think is about to become an offer. It's sweet to think despite us not even being official he is assuming in two months time we will still be together. Makes me feel less crazy for the fact I'm planning on inviting him to meet my family over Christmas.

"Em, they're here, come on we will be late to the procession!" Alice shouts grabbing my arm and dragging me with her as she jogs towards the hall. I turn back shorting Ced a sorry smile before allowing her to pull me along.

**

"Oh. My. God." Alice mutters under her breath as the Durmstrang boys march down the isle in the middle of the hall.

"I have never seen that many attractive boys together in my life," Katie whispers, eyes wide like a kid in a candy store

"Is that Viktor Krum?" Fred lets out mouth dropped open wide

"Oh my god it is," Lee's voice sounds

"I wanna know who the tall one checking Em out is," Angelina laughs. My eyes fall on him. He's taller than the others, which is saying a lot they're all at least 6 foot. His eyes immediately meet mine and he flashes me a grin. He's attractive. But he isn't Cedric. I smile back politely before immediately scanning the room for Ced, who is say between Ben and some other Hufflepuff guy from our year. Face like a smacked arse as he stares at the boy whose eyes are still looking me up and down hungrily. He sends me a gentle smile when his eyes land on mine to which I blow him a quick kiss, seemingly cheering him up as he turns grins widely, before turning to his friends.

"They're all tall," Lee mutters.

The girls flutter in, making the boys silence. All beautiful. In their powder blue skirts with perfect hair. Did they really have to be so perfect?

We only half listen to Dumbledore has he talks about the goblet of fire. His speech finishes and the twins start trying to work our how they're going to get their names in whilst being too young, it doesn't worry me, I know it won't work.

We leave the hall after eating and I quickly fall into step next to Alice.

"So Cedric looked nervous when I pulled you away? Everything alright?" She enquires. Blushing slightly when one of the Beauxbaton girls smiles at her

"Yeah. I think he was going to ask me to the ball," I shrug

"Oh my god. I'm so sorry,"

"It's fine. There's two months before it happens, he will have plenty of time," I send her a warm smile.

"Excuse me," a foreign boy asks. Standing in front of me and Alice. It's the tall guy from Durmstrang. I look up, physically craning my neck to see him. "You're very beautiful," he compliments me making me blush.

"Oh um. Thanks," I say back. Eyes flashing to the twins who have stopped a few steps a head and are trying to contain their laughter.

"I am Klaus," he states reaching to my hand

"Emily," I reply, unable to contain my blush when rather than shaking my hand he lifts it to place a kiss on the back of it.

"Good evening Emily," he smiles in slightly broken English before turning and walking in the direction of a group of boys in matching uniforms who are waiting for him.

"As if having half of Hogwarts after her wasn't enough" Fred laughs

"He's just being friendly," I shrug

"Notice how he didn't greet the rest of us. Clearly we are not very beautiful," George teases, doing an awful attempt at his accent when he quotes him.

"Try not to be too jealous Georgie, chin up," I grin patting his cheek before we continue on our way to the chamber.

There's 24 hours to put your name into the cup. It seems the all three schools are buzzing to see who enters their name. Cheering when it's someone from their own school.

I laugh lightly watching old versions of the twins roll around fighting on the floor.

"Hey," Harry smiles dropping down to sit next to me. Hermione on my other side reading happily.

"Hi, you alright?" I question, he nods glancing at the twins

"Are you?" He questions

"Yeah, I'm great. Think your mum is going to meet me to buy a dress for the ball next month. You wanna meet us for dinner after?" I question knowing he'll turn his nose up at the thought of trailing round dress shops

"Yeah," he eyes me suspiciously but doesn't further question it "so I hear the Durmstrang boys took a liking to you," he teases

"One of them," it seems I shrug signalling towards where Klaus is stood next to the same boys as yesterday watching me and Harry intently.

"Oh no it's all of them," he states "just only one Ballsy enough to introduce himself," he laughs

"I doubt it. How's megan?" I quickly move the topic along

"She's good. We are sitting together in Herbology and Divination,"

"Aww, young love,"

"Sod off,"