Dobby the House Elf

Dobby the House Elf

Frank Longbottom groaned under his breath as he dragged himself back into bed. He only had a twenty minute break, then he was back to training, again.

He didn't know if he was cut out to be this Savior or whatever. It was a lot of hard work and that was something he wasn't too good at.

So far he had trained with Dumbledore himself, in the art of mind tricks or whatever. Legilimency, was what it was called and he had basically no progress there. Kingsley Shacklebot, an auror that was good at muggle combat, and that was plain terrifying.

He didn't think fighting without a wand could be useful. It was dangerous, not to mention painful. He thought muggles might be smarter than they looked.

And Severus Snape. Training with Snape always made him tense and wary, since their training had to do with dueling. He wanted a different teacher but Dumbledore insisted on Snape, saying that the man was better at dueling than even McGonagall. Rivaling himself and that was definitely terrifying.

Frank had asked Dumbledore if they could actually trust Snape and Dumbledore assured him they could, but the young Savior just couldn't believe that someone like Snape was a good guy.

He sighed to himself, closing his eyes and attempting to take a nap, when he heard something from his closet. It was a faint noise, so quiet he thought he was imagining things, until the noise got louder.

Was something stuck in his closet?

Well it could just be a mouse or something.

He yawned, closing his eyes once more, only to jolt up when the door slammed open.

"Dobby is sorry!" came a stuttering voice, Frank gaping at the small, pink creature that was sprawled out on the floor. It scrambled to its feet, closing the door back gently and Frank recognized the dirty rags it wore. This was a house elf. A creature that served under wizards. They could be spotted by their rag like clothes given to them by their masters as a symbol of their service.

"Who are you? Why are you in my room?" asked Frank, brows scrunched as he stood up, ignoring the ache in his body for the moment. This house elf looked oddly familiar.

"Dobby, sir. Dobby the house elf." said the small elf with a bow, his ears touching the ground and Frank's eyes widened as he shot out of bed, looking around frantically. Dobby was Malfoy's elf. So why was he here?

Was this an ambush or something?

"Dobby. Why are you here? I know for certain Malfoy would be pissed if he finds out you were here." he hissed and Dobby nodded solemnly. "Dobby knows sir but it is a risk Dobby has to take. Frank Longbottom must not return to Hogwarts this year."

Frank frowned at this, opening his mouth to respond, when there was a knock on the door. His eyes widened and he attempted to push Dobby back into the closet, when the elf disappeared.

Well, that was one way to get rid of him, he supposed.

"Come in." he called nervously, the door opening to reveal none other than Severus Snape. His expression was cold as he stepped into the room, arms crossed and eyes narrowed at his surroundings. Frank felt his face warm and he swallowed as he met the man's gaze.

"Break time is over. You won't be defeating anyone with your current skill set, which is absolutely atrocious." he drawled and Frank almost flinched at the sight of the man's wand tapping against his arm impatiently.

"Yes sir." he mumbled and walked past Snape, trying not to cower underneath his hard stare. Snape glanced back around the room then followed the boy out of his room, the door closing behind them.