"Do you think, I am an idiot?"

An agonized scream was heard throughout Riddle Manor that day as Hadrian yawned, padding through a long corridor and making his way to Tom's office. He had been spending quite some time with the Dark Lord and had taken to spending the night at Riddle Manor when he could.

Of course he didn't forget about Draco.

The blonde accompanied him time and again and Hadrian was pleased that he and Tom seemed to get along quite well. Tom seemed very fond of the young Malfoy.

"Which outer circle member messed up this time?" he sighed and there was a clearing of a throat as he stopped outside of Tom's office. He looked over and met the gaze of Tadeus Nott, who had just come from the training room.

"Actually, it wasn't an outer circle member.." he muttered and Hadrian raised a brow, then reached forward, knocking on Tom's door lightly. "Enter." came the hard response and Hadrian suppressed a shudder. Tom was definitely angry.

He opened the door and his brows raised at the sight of Lucius on his knees before the Dark Lord, his body shaking and a remorseful expression on his face as he kept his eyes lowered. He was bleeding from multiple wounds on his body but he didn't dare complain. In fact he seemed more worried about Tom than his own pain.

Hadrian could feel the rage from said Dark Lord and met his crimson gaze.

"What happened?" he asked carefully and Tom scowled. "Yes Lucius. Tell me, what did happen?" he uttered darkly and the blonde lowered his head even further.

"Someone managed to break into Malfoy manor and steal the diary that holds my Lord's soul. His first Horcrux. We aren't sure who is responsible or their intentions with the Horcrux." he murmured faintly and Hadrian stiffened at this.

"..what?" he almost hissed and Lucius was silent.

"Of all the things you chose to fuck up, it had to be this? Lucius, I had faith in you. If it were Abraxas I know he would have made sure the diary was under strict protection. Perhaps I should have entrusted the task to Tadeus instead." snapped Tom, his magic surfacing dangerously and Hadrian could see the obvious regret on Lucius' face.

There was no fear there. No fear of being hurt by Tom, possibly killed for his dire mistake, just remorse for failing Tom.

"I am deeply sorry, my Lord. I should have kept it in the Malfoy Vault. I thought it safer at the manor. I was foolishly arrogant. I will not be upset if you were to revoke my position. If you wish to kill me now, I won't object." he said and Tom seemed to be contemplating the idea. Hadrian watched as he sighed heavily, holding his temples and shaking his head.

"For some reason I seem to be gaining a conscious. I can't kill you without thinking about your father. But, you're not getting off without punishment. It won't be from my hand however. Rise." he said and Lucius did so, slowly meeting Tom's aggravated gaze.

"Thank you my Lord." he said quietly and Tom frowned.

"Don't thank me. I expect you to make up for this mistake. Tadeus, will you please inform the others of Lucius' scew up? Then after, decide what punishment he should have. I don't have time for this." he said and the elder Nott nodded, dipping his head slightly.