Immortality - Kars x Reader

Welcome to an AU where Kars is a literal god! All you really need to know is he's immortal and has some unspecified powers (mostly weather related) idk don't think about it too much. Other than that, you're good to go!

Warnings: none

~~~~~~

Footsteps. How curious.

Though trespassing in this portion of the temple was forbidden, Kars still heard soft footsteps down the hall. He grumbled in annoyance, hating to be disturbed when one of his subjects got a bit too overzealous for their own good.

As he turned the corner, about to scold the defiant mortal, he stopped dead in his tracks as his eyes landed upon a small girl. Of course, this small girl was you.

You were 5 years old at the time, unable to read yet. Perhaps that was why you had crawled under the velvet rope with a sign on it that prominently told you not to pass.

Your eyes darted quickly around the intricate marble carvings of the temple before they finally landed on Kars himself. Though most would cower in fear of his menacing and intimidating aura, as a child, you were none the wiser to who this large man was.

"Hello," you chimed, a happy smile on your face as you waved eagerly.

Kars' expression remained unchanged as he assessed the situation. "Hello," he replied simply, his deep voice startling you slightly.

You weren't exactly sure what to say next, so your eyes continued to dart around the hallway. "This place is pretty," you commented absentmindedly.

"Yes, it is," he agreed. Intrigued by the child before him, Kars kneeled down to your level to get a closer look.

You were short, very fragile. Your pudgy cheeks and bright wide eyes were obvious indications of your childhood. "What is your name, human?" He asked.

You giggled when he called you a human. What a funny thing to say. "I'm (Y/N)."

He nodded in understanding, taken aback when you asked for his name in return. So, you truly didn't understand that you were standing in front of the god that this very temple was created for. "Kars," he responded. You shrugged it off, the name still not registering in your brain as the god your whole kingdom worshipped.

"You aren't supposed to be back here," he told you.

"Oh, really?" You asked, a bit flustered and scared now that you knew you were breaking the rules.

"There was a sign."

"I- I can't read..."

Kars made a soft noise of understanding, though he found your company an odd yet pleasant change from the solitude he often endured in his lonely temple.

"Don't be so worried. I don't mind that you're here," Kars told you after a moment.

You breathed out a sigh of relief, glad you weren't in trouble.

"Would you like a tour?" He asked suddenly. You were surprised by his generous offer, but were delighted to accept it.

He stood back up and turned around, beginning to walk. You trotted up behind him, speed walking throughout the tour as Kars' long legs made you take several steps to keep up with him.