Chapter three

The two girls made their way to Dumbledore's office. Mason admired all of the moving paintings on the walls and the massive moving staircases. All while Hermione was talking her ear off, she didn't mind though. Hogwart's had such a homey yet regal vibe. Cool. Hermione gave a polite wave before leaving Mason to talk with Dumbledore. Mason pushed open the doors to his office. It was magnificent and surprisingly well decorated. She walked around until she found who she assumed was Dumberdort and the professors.

"Ah, miss Montgomery. Pleasure to meet you." (Assumed) Dumberdort said. Then he introduced himself as Dumbledore (confirming her suspicions) and all the professors alongside him. Mason nodded along before getting bored and eyeing the large phoenix in the room.

"So where's this famous hat I've heard so much about?" Mason interrupted. Dumbledore chuckled lightly and pulled out a large, ratty witches hat. "This better not give me lice or something like that." Mason muttered with some disgust. McGonagall let out a soft laugh along with some of the other professors. As Mason sat down she noticed one professor, known as Snape glaring at her . He had a huge nose and gross, greasy black hair. She gave him a wink and mouthed 'hottie'. He looked utterly disgusted. Yup, this is definitely going to be her favourite professor to bother. The hat was then placed on her head, and after some debating, it made its decision.

"SLYTHERIN!" The hat bellowed. Mason covered her ears with her hands at the loudness of the hat. Snape's glare lessened a small amount after hearing 'Slytherin'. Mason sighed dramatically, shaking her head when given the slytherin robes.

"There's no way I'm wearing those. Thats social suicide." The headmaster looked confused, but assured her that everyone wears it and that not wearing it, would be more embarrassing. She shrugged and nodded innocently, knowing all too well that she will not be wearing them. Dumbledore then gave her her schedule and the password to the slytherin common room.

Mason decided to explore the castle before dinner. She met some students along the way, all who were easy to get along with. Mason then found herself looking for someone to prank, its been a while after all. She hoped the two days without pranking had not made her rusty.

Bingo. There on one of the great, big windowsills, sat a boy reading. This boy had shortish, brown hair that seemed perfectly perfect. He had a face that was surely admired, with his soft hazel eyes, to his tiny smile pulled on his pink lips from what he was reading. He had easily been one of the most attractive guys she had ever seen. He had this, kind , sweet aura around him that almost magnetically pulled her in. Before she knew it, she was walking towards him.

Mason plucked the book that he had been reading, out of his hands. When he looked up, the boy had this romance novel stare without even trying. His lips parted into an 'o' when he realized the situation he was in. Mason tossed the book aside and sat to his left. He turned towards her, his facial expression not faltering.

"Mason Montgomery." She smiled, extending a hand for him to shake. He shook his head slightly before taking her hand in his.

"Cedric Diggory. And I knew that." He smiled back, still holding her hand. Mason chose to ignore the fluttering in her stomach, reacting to his hand touching hers and his charming smile. The only flaw she's noticed so far, is that his teeth weren't perfectly aligned. One or two slightly out of line, nothing that's noticeable, well only if you pay close attention like Mason was. Funny enough though, that made him look even cuter.

"Huh... how'd you know? I haven't even been here an hour!" Mason replied, tilting her head to the side. He laughed, running his hand through his hair.

"Not my fault Hogwarts loves gossip. Though, you are someone I don't mind hearing about." He smiled his charming smile, once again. Mason internally swooned on the spot.

"What are you implying, Diggory?" She asked, raising her brow.

"What did you want me to imply, Montgomery?" Cedric smirked. Adjusting his yellow hufflepuff robes, casually. Mason rolled her eyes.

"You know you're pretty forward for a hufflepuff." Cedric glared back jokingly. "Don't worry, it's cute! Like a little baby badger." Now it was his turn to roll his eyes.

They began talking for a while and learnt they actually had a lot in common. They easily became friends. He was really one of the kindest people she has ever met. Cedric also had a great sense of humour. In the middle of laughing over one of Mason's storys, one of Cedric's many admirers rudely interrupted them.

The admirer tried to squeeze into the window sill, but failed. Mason and Cedric made eye contact, laughing. The admirer then sadly tried flirting with him, and poor Cedric was too much of a sweetheart to reject her, not wanting to hurt anyone's feelings. Mason glanced at Cedric, who looked uncomfortable, then at the admirer who was fawning all over him.

Until this moment, Mason had completely forgotten that she originally came here to prank Cedric. But Cedric was way too hot. Oh um... and kind, of course. So she fished in her pocket, finding exactly what she was looking for. Mason plucked out a blue swirly sweet from her pocket and handed it to the admirer, who ate it, being completely distracted by flirting with Cedric.

As soon as the admirer ate the candy, she shrunk almost immediately, into a blueberry. Cedric's jaw was practically unhinged.

"Oh please, Diggory. Don't worry, it only lasts like twenty minutes. I'm not a monster." Mason said while picking up the blueberry girl. She placed her safely on the window sill. She didn't want her to get smushed.

"Well... you are a slytherin." Cedric teased, shrugging his shoulders. Mason elbowed him, grinning when she left him. Diggory just laughed, shaking his head. Mason was amazing, he thought. Gorgeous, funny, and brilliant.

As soon as she walked outside, she saw her oldest friend. Mason plopped herself next to Jack and his friends in the courtyard. Jack noticed her mischievous grin and rolled his eyes.

"What did you do this time?" He questioned, giving her a knowing look. Jack's friends were all interested in the new girl, so they leaned in, eager to hear her answer.

"Just gave someone a candy." Mason nodded, giving a big smile. Jack knew her candies were not like normal candies. "Anyway... are you gonna introduce me or what?" She gestured to his friends.

"Right. Guys, this is Mason Montgomery." He said putting an arm around her. "She's mean." He continued. Mason slapped his hand away while trying to learn Jack's friend's names. All flirting with her. She glanced at Jack and the two snickered, not bothering to hide it from his friends.

While talking, she felt a tap on each of her shoulders. Turning around, she was met with two identical red haired boys. Mason knew them to be Fred and George, they had quite an admirable pranking rep. She raised an eyebrow, since they caught her interest.

"Newbie! We saw what you did today!" Fred exclaimed. Cedric wasn't lying when he said Hogwarts loves to gossip, she thought.

"Brilliant, honestly." Continued George.

"It was barely anything. That's kindergarten stuff?" She responded, as if it was obvious.

"Yeah, she did get her own ass expelled from Beauxbaton." Jack added. Mason elbowed him in the ribs. The red heads nodded approvingly with huge grins on their faces.

"Hush, Jackass. Not the time."

"You thinking what I'm thinking, Georgie?"

"Always, my dear brother. Can we talk with you, newbie?" Mason agreed and followed them a little ways away from where the others sat.

"We've thought it over-"

"And we want you to help us."

They said finishing each other's sentences, and wiggling their eyebrows at her. Mason thought is was so cool how they could do that, she always wanted a twin.

"With what exactly?"

The twins exchanged a mischievous look.