Ark 2 - Stolen Glory

There was a big grassy space between trees and flowers in the Garden just behind the huge villa with uneven ground and small earthy bumps. It was the only free area in the entire estate that could be used for a duel, so the Protagonist took the lead to guide them through the many beautiful flowerbeds towards their destination.

The servants of Zhou Feng gathered around the free space in a half-circle, while the Female positioned herself in between Shu Ning and Wu Kang, who both stood facing each other in the middle of the group. 

To the irritation of the General, she had completely taken over the seat of command for this duel and arogantly started explaining the rules while Sun Zhilong could only stand in the front row of the audience and frown in silent ire. 

"The rule for this duel will be simple. Looser will be the one who either admits defeat first or who can't continue fighting anymore. Killing is forbidden, but injury is allowed."

Shu Ning roled his eyes as the Protagonist glanced at the General at the side as if waiting for his approval that wouldn't come. 

"Well then. The General will be the referee, so no dirty tricks."

With the last word Zhou Feng turned her eyes towars Shu Ning and glowered at him as if she was expecting him to pull something dirty later on. Shu Ning just raised his eyebrows at that and had to turn his head away a little to hide his maniac grin that was breaking across his face. He could only guess at the funny expression the Protagonist would make after he beat up her lap dog. 

"Zhou An. Get off the field already. If you are hit by their blades in the middle of combat it will be due your own stupidity. It would be Collateral damage."

The General's dark voice boomed over the heads of everyone present and more than one female servant shivered at the intensity. The person in question turned beat red in embarrassment  and hastily moved next to the man to stay out of the way. In her haste to obey Sun Zhilong's command and her desire to be close to him, she completely failed to notice how the man's eyes cooled over and his muscles tensed in response to a threat in his vicinity.

But Shu Ning noticed all the minimal changes in the General's expression and smiled slightly at the disgust present in the Man's eyes. His smile widened even more when he observed how the other hastily widened the distance between himself and the crossdressing soldier.

"Let the duel commence."

With those last words of the General, Wu Kang pulled out his silver-gold sword and lunged towards the unmoving form of Shu Ning who easily avoided the slash of his opponent. With a left turn of his body, Shu Ning frees his own red-black sword and stabs it in the direction of the Male Lead. The movement so smooth and fast that Wu Kang tumbled backwards and only barely managed to steady his feet. A clash of metal rang in the ears of the audience as the two swords clashed against each other in the next move. 

Wu Kang held the handle of his sword even tighter and gritted his teeth as he chaneled all of his power and pushed onto his opponents blade. But thanks to all the training Shu Ning did since coming back from Samadon, he wasn't weak in the slightest and easily pushed the Male Lead off of him. A few seconds the two of them just stared at each other, panting with every exhale, and waiting for the other to open his defense.

Shu Ning: "How long do you think I can play around before he goes crazy?"

Alpha: "Host should stop delaying already and finish that guy."

Shu Ning: "Are you getting bored?"

Alpha: ".....No. He is just annoying me."

Shu Ning had to stifle a laughter but didn't quite succeed in doing so. A loud snort escaped his closed lips and an amused light glimmered inside of his eyes.