Postponed and Popcorn

The storm that raged outside of their small house informed the duo that their date would have to be postponed. John and Jaren had planned on going out, but due to the storm, they are going to have to stay home. Jaren sighed.

“Are you okay, Jare?” John asked.

“Yeah, I was just really looking forward to today,” He looked rather upset. John hated seeing Jaren upset, so he devised a small plan. John stood up and hurried off into the bedroom, leaving Jaren confused. He sat up and looked down the hall in the direction his boyfriend went, only to see him emerging from the bedroom with his arms full of blankets and pillows.

“What are you doing?” He giggled and John just dropped the blankets onto the couch.

“Don’t worry about it!” John smiled heading over to the kitchen.

“Well, now I’m worried about it!” John laughed at this little quip as he started to make some popcorn. Jaren sat on the couch still confused with his boyfriend's actions. As the popcorn cooked, John came back into the living room and pulled up a movie on their TV. He then began arranging the blankets and pillows into a comfy little pallet on the floor, all while Jaren watched in confusion.

“John, what are you-”

“Don’t worry about it!” John cut him off, hurrying over to the popcorn to make sure it didn’t burn. Jaren rolled his eyes a little, he truly does adore John. 

“John!” Jaren called to him, standing up and heading over to the kitchen where John stood, separating the popcorn into bowls. John spun around and leaned forward to place a sweet kiss on his boyfriend’s lips. Jaren smiled at the sudden display of affection before remembering why he had come in there. “What are-”

“Jare, I love you very much, but I swear to fuck,” He giggled a bit “Stop asking, I’m not going to tell you.” He kissed his lover’s lips once more before turning back to the popcorn.

“But why not?” He whined and awaited John’s answer only to be met with silence. He let out a small, playfully offended gasp. “Don’t ignore me, you ass!” John giggled a bit, but refused to respond. Jaren, being the drama queen that he is, decided he was going to drape himself on the older man and whine until he answered. John, however, was not swayed by these actions. He expected nothing less from his dramatic boyfriend.

John continued preparing their popcorn, not paying any mind to his lover. As soon as the bowls were ready, he grabbed them, turned around, and walked over to place them on the coffee table, leaving his partner in the kitchen alone.

Before Jaren was even able to pout, John turned around and walked back over to him. He lifted the boy up, throwing him over his shoulder and carrying him back into the living room.  Jaren let out a tiny yelp as he was tossed about so effortlessly. John set him down in the pallet and cuddled up beside him.

“What are you doing?” He giggled and John began laughing.

“You have asked the same question, like, five times!” The two laughed.

“Well, you wouldn’t tell me!”

“Well, I was making it nice for us!” He smiled and kissed Jaren softly. “Our date got ruined by the rain, so I wanted to make tonight a little more special than normal, ya’know?” Jaren smiled and his face held that ‘You’re amazing’ look on it.

“You’re so sweet, John,” Jaren’s tone was soft and hushed, filled with an audible adoration that made John blush.

“Shut up and cuddle me,” He joked, still blushing a deep pink as he pulled Jaren into his arms and started the movie.

“I love you, dummy,” Jaren smiled up and him and John looked down to meet his eyes. He smiled and leaned in, kissing him once more.

“I love you, too.”