fifty two

"Aaron!" I yelled, but he didn't turn around, "Aaron Christopher!" This made him stop and turn around, and this shower his furious face. My eyes went wide, "What is wrong with you!" I asked, confused.

"Your sister threatened you?" He asked, as if he knew it was a lie. I just stared at him,

"Excuse me?"

Oh, no.

He walked closer to me, almost in a threatening way, "Did. Your. Sister. Threaten. You?" I blinked,

"Yes" I lied right to his face, something I hated doing. He stared down at me, our almost foot height difference all too noticeable in that moment.

His face was so serious, "I got a call from the morgue" He revealed, "She was seven feet away from her shooter"

"What are you getting at?"

"She wasn't even near you to threaten you" I narrowed my eyes at him,

"She had a knife and she was in my home" I defended, and Aaron shook his head.

"We both know you wouldn't shoot someone unless they had already hurt you" He tilted his chin up, he knew exactly what I did. "Normally, that is" He corrected, and I could feel my stomach turning.

I couldn't lose him, I couldn't.

And on top of that, I really didn't know what to say to him. "I'm going to ask again" He started, "Did she threaten you."

I felt tears start to form in my eyes, I just sat there and tried to think about what I could possibly say to make this better. "No" I admitted, looking down so I wouldn't have to see his reaction.

He rubbed his forehead and let out a sigh, obviously trying to comprehend what I just told him. He didn't talk for a long moment, "Why would you do that?"

"Aaron she made my life a living hell! If she didn't kill me then she would have eventually, or worse" I finally looked up at him, the tears falling down my cheeks. I cupped his right cheek with my hand, "She would have hurt you or Jack, I couldn't let that happen"

"Veronica you can't kill people"

"You killed Foyet with your bare hands" I let go of him as I defended myself, and he looked at me as if I wasn't getting the point of what he was saying.

"I killed him because he killed my wife and was trying to kill my son" He shot back,

"She shot me, almost killed Spencer and Dean, she threatened you and Jack" He stepped back but only a bit to see my face more clearly, "Aaron, you won't tell anyone" I ordered. 

He was so conflicted. He knew morally he should have told them, but he was in love with me. He was so, desperately in love with me. He would have done anything for me, so he replied,

"I won't tell anyone" He agreed, and I felt the sense of relief fill my body. However, the sickening feeling quickly came back to me as he said, "But I can't be with you anymore" 

I didn't know how to speak, how to feel. I dropped my phone on the ground, my eyes going wide as my hands started to shake. 

I couldn't feel anything . It was almost like I felt my soul leave my body. "What?" was the only thing that could exit my now dry lips. He just stared down at me, and for some reason, it looked like he made a huge mistake. I was so taken back, my fight or flight response kicked in.

"Whatever. Loving you was a losing game, anyway" Of course, my dumb ass decided to use both fight and flight. 

I started to walk away from him, "Excuse me?" He asked, furiously. I spun back around,