CHAPTER THIRTEEN

We continued flying on Appa with Aang panicking because Roku told him that he had to learn all four element by summer. I felt bad because for a 12 year old he shouldn't be this stressed.
I couldn't keep sulking over my lost necklace, Aang has helped me and I trusted him more. I needed to help in the best way I could, the only way I could. It was limited but it was almost like a head start to his waterbending training.

"All right, kiddos." I stood up finally deciding to take charge. "Katara, I know you're still mad about me waterbending and how I kept it hidden from you and I'm sorry. I had my reasons and I hope one day you can forgive me. But right now this isn't about us and our sibling rivalry or whatever. I can teach both you and Aang what I know or at least just Aang."

"Yeah! That would be great, Kaida!" Aang said with a giant smile and I looked at Katara.

She looked away from me, clearly annoyed but I took a seat next to her and nudged her.
"You know this is a once in a life time opportunity." I spoke. "Your older sister being your waterbending teacher. Plus I can put it on my resume."

She glanced at me, she gighed and a smile overtook her lips. "Fine but first we need a good source of water."

"Maybe we can find a good puddle that you guys can splash in." Sokka said, we landed at a water fall. The three of us smiling while Sokka looked annoyed "Nice puddle."

"Thanks for the idea, Sokka!" I said sarcastically.

Appa flew in splashing water on Momo. Aang stripped down to only his trunks and was ready to join the flying bison but Katara told him to remember why we were here. He got dressed again.

"So what am I supposed to do?" Sokka asked.

"You can clean the gunk out of Appa's toes." Aang handed him a branch with leaves.

"So while you three are playing in the water? I'm supposed to be hard at work picking mud out of a giant bison's feet?" Sokka asked.

"Mud and bugs!" Aang smiled.

"He does fly us everywhere we go without a single complaint." I smiled and he agreed to do it because he had no real choice.
"All right, let's start with a simple, easy, and basic move." I started pushing and pulling my hands. The water was shaking but I tried to ignore my annoyance. "Just push and pull like this. The key is to get the wrist movement just right."
They looked at the water then at me as if I was an idiot. I sighed and tucked my hair behind my ear. "Uh... which I apparently don't have... M-Maybe I'm not the best teacher but I could try." I frowned down at the water and looked at my broken wrist.

What did I do to deserve this?

"I already know this one, it took me months to get right." Katara said and started doing the same and she created a small wall of water.

"Great Katara, you can be the demonstrator." I said and she agreed.

"Come on, Aang." Katara said.

"Like this?" Aang asked as he started doing the motions.

"Yeah!" I nodded at how quickly he got that, his technique was perfect.

"Katara! Look I'm bending it already!" Aang proudly called.

"Wow, I can't believe you got that so quickly." Katara said. "It took me two months to learn that move."

"Well, you had to learn alone." Aang said. "I have a great demonstrator to show me and a great teacher!"

Aw it's so cute I could throw up. I pat Katara's shoulder. "Everyone moves at their own pace." I told her.