Chapter 33

Draco looks up at you, not smiling.

"Y/l/n." He says.

"Malfoy." You reply. "Let's get this over with, shall we?" You ask.

"Yes, I suppose so. Let's go to an empty classroom. It's quieter.

You follow behind him warily, nervous. He walks you up a flight of stairs, down two hallways, and takes a left turn before stopping at an empty classroom.

"This room should be good." He says absentmindedly, letting you in. You walk in front of him, noting that he left the door open.

"Did you bring your book?" He asked. You nodded, pulling it out of your pocket. He nods, looking at you a second too long before making a cauldron appear.

"Snape said I should start with simple potions for you." He said. You blushed, feeling embarrassed and stupid.

"Ok.. first one here is the Spicy Septel potion." He points at the page. "We need... three peppers-" He waves his wand, making them appear, his eyes remaining on the page. You like his side profile. It makes him look really cute.

"-two blue beetles-" He makes them appear as well, "-four leaves from an oak tree, two from a Zumberg bush-" He waves his wand and they appear. "And lastly, 4 drops of fresh rainwater. Snape gave me this vile." He holds it up to show you. He looks at you, and notices you staring.

His cheeks tint the lightest shade of pink. He looks down at the cauldron before starting a small fire below it and filling it with warm water. You watch him. His eyebrows knitted in concentration.

"Ok... so... I've never really done this before." He rubs the back of his neck nervously. Adorable. "So... what does the instructions say?" He asked.

You read the page.

Spicy Septel Potion
First, crush one blue beetle and sprinkle it over the water.

"I have to crush one of the beetles." You say.

"So... do that." He says, watching you.

You pick up one of the dead beetles and look back up at Draco.

"What do I.. uh... crush them with?" You ask.

"Oh! Yeah. You could just get a rock outside, I guess. I'll read over the instructions while your gone." You nod, walking out of the classroom. You would go to the courtyard and get a rock. But as you walked out into the open courtyard, you saw Cedric. And Cho. Connected by the lips, sitting in the cold. You diverted your eyes. You had sightly gotten over Cedric, but it still hurt. You picked up a lonely rock and hurry from the courtyard before they see you.

Feeling slightly flustered, you return to the classroom. Draco has just finished reading the instructions. He notices your red cheeks.

"What-"

"Don't ask." You say, sitting back down. He looks at you, confused, before turning back to the cauldron.

"Um- anyway, I guess you can crush the beetle." He says. You put the beetle below your rock before driving the rock into the middle of it, hard, multiple times. It slowly starts to turn to powder. Finally, after about a minute, it feels like sand.

"Good- now, uh, sprinkle it. Into the water."

You do so, feeling Malfoy's silver eyes upon you.

You look back at the textbook to see what's next.

Tear two Oak leaves directly in half, and drop them on separate sides of the potion. Next chop your peppers into pieces a centimeter long.

Draco hands you the leaves, letting your warm hands touch his cold ones briefly.

"So I tear them-" You rip one in half, "-like this?" You ask. He nods.

"Yeah. Do that for the second one, too." You do so, and drop them in. He then hands you the peppers.

You begin to chop them. "No- no not like that." Malfoy says, walking over to you. He lays his cold hand on the back of yours, his silver rings leaving indents.

"Like this." He says softly, pushing your hand down lightly as to cut the pepper. He does it again. And again. Showing you how to do it. You savor the moment, enjoying his touch.

Finally, he pulls away.

"Oh." Is all you manage.