Chapter 19

Katelyn and Travis walk down the boardwalk, looking around as everyone seemed to be in fear and angry about being trapped on the island. Stores are starting to become low on stock, places are starting to become terrifying with the guards walking around and the fact that werewolves are being detained is just horrible.

Katelyn slowly starts falling behind, listening to how everyone seemed to be talking about the Ultima rumor, she can hear the fear in their voices. Travis turns around and calls to her, "Katelyn?" Katelyn turns to Travis who was visible upset, "This is just wrong," Katelyn comments. "I know, but be happy that we were able to stock up before every store went out of stock," Travis says, "It's not that," Katelyn states, "What is it?" Travis asks.

"It's the fact that we're being forced to stay on the island, that Aphmau's house has been ransacked, we don't know where anyone is plus the fact that Aphmau is dating al Ultima!!" Katelyn states, seeming to get more panicked as the list goes on. Travis walks over to her and moves her hair from her face, "Hey, hey, calm down. We know Aaron and we know that he would never put Aphmau in harm's way, besides the Ultima is just a legend," Travis explains.

Katelyn takes a deep breath, "I know, but Aaron is a werewolf, and I don't mean to sound harsh but werewolves can be very...very rough around the edges," Katelyn comments. "No, no, no. Katelyn, I understand that what happened to KC was also traumatizing to you, but you can't believe that all werewolves are like that, especially Aaron," Travis says, not wanting Katelyn to have that kind of thinking.

Katelyn nods, "You're right," Katelyn says as she takes a deep breath and exhales. Before Travis could say anymore, a few people seem to start running past him with panic, all going to one direction. Katelyn turns with confusion, "Whoa, what's going on?" Travis questions, "I don't know," Katelyn answers. "Wanna go to check it out?" Travis asks but Katelyn doesn't answer and takes Travis's hand, following everyone.

They noticed that everyone was heading back to the resort and to the docks, there being a rally. A large group of people was yelling at the guards, wanting answers and wanting to get on the boat and leave, but no guards allowed anyone to step onto the ship to get any closer. A guard stood on a stone, holding a microphone. "Everyone calm down!! If you cooperate and calm down, the easier this will be!!" The guard shouts.

"We want to leave!!" A random woman shouts from the crowd, "Cooperate? We've done more than cooperate," Travis says, seeming to start getting furious himself as he pushes through the crowd. Katelyn was confused and calls out to him, but she couldn't be heard from all the yelling. Katelyn follows Travis to the front of the crowd as Travis starts yelling at the guard.

"Hey, asshole!" Travis yells, Katelyn's eyes widen as the guard turns to Travis, seeming confused. "You guys have a lot of nerve telling us to cooperate!" Travis yells, "We've been more than gracious just accepting the fact that we're being held here against our will!!" Travis continued, "You all kept here for your safety!" The guard yells, now Katelyn was getting furious too. "Safety?! You call-forcing into and raiding our homes safe!?" Katelyn questions, of course, knowing the answer as the guard seems to grow more furious.

"Watch your mouth miss. You have no idea what you're dealing with." The guard growls as Travis steps in, "Was that a threat?" Travis asks, "What if it was?" The guard asks in a mocking tone. "You don't threaten her," Travis growls, starting to feel rage built up, but before Travis would say anymore, the Guard acts upon his frustrations and kicks Travis in the chest.

The whole crowd gasps as Travis collapses to the ground, seeming to be unconscious.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Travis opens his eyes, expecting to see the bright blue sky, but found himself in a black void. Travis gets up and looking around, there being nothing but darkness. Suddenly a light under Travis appeared, somehow seeming to brighten up the place.