Kix

"I'm a medic! It's my job to be on the battle field!" I yelled as I glared at my soon to be ex friend.

"Your job is to be here! Not out on the field getting shot at!" Kix yelled as he glared down at me.

Curse my shortness.

"My job is to help injured soldiers!"

"Yes but from our base! Not during a battle!"

"Most of them would die if I didn't go out and help!"

"What if you die!"

"Then I guess you'll have to yell at someone else." I said as I turned and walked away from him

I knew that Kix was just worried. We had been friends since we met and he had made it his job to protect me, even though I was always getting myself into sticky situations.

"Alright, it's time for us to head out." Master Skywalker said as he looked at the boys.

I grabbed my kit and saw Kix talking to Jesse. I wanted to talk to him, but decided against it. We took off and it didn't take long for the fighting to start. I got to work on taking care of the injured and doing my job. It wasn't until we were nearing victory that I saw a droid aiming their blasters at Kix.

"Kix look out!" I yelled as I ran and tackled him to the ground.

I felt the familiar pain of a blaster hitting my side as we hit the ground. Kix wrapped his arms around and quickly rolled over and shielded me as he took out the remaining droids. When it was clear he looked down and I smiled up at him.

"Are you hurt?" He asked as he looked down at me.

"Side." I gasped out.

He raised my shirt up and let out a sigh of relief.

"It's not fatal, but it's gonna hurt like a bitch for awhile. Arms around my neck." He ordered.

I nodded my head and wrapped my arms around his neck. He picked me up and quickly carried me off the battle field and back to base. When we arrived he worked on bandaging me up. I had expected him to yell at me, but he stayed quiet. When he finished he kept his hand on the wound. I looked up at his face and saw a small tear fall. I gently touched his face and made him look at me.

"I'm okay." I whispered softly.

"I... I heard you scream my name and then turned and you.... I thought I lost you... when I heard the blaster go off.... I.. I thought I lost you." He said through tears.

"I'm not going anywhere.... someone has to keep you on your toes." I said with a gentle smile.

"I love you." He said softly.

I looked at him shocked and froze up. After a few seconds he moved away.

"I'm sorry I-"

I quickly cut him off by gently leaning my up and kissing him.

"I love you too." I said softly.

He smiled against my lips and pulled me into another kiss.