CHAPTER TWENTY

I got up to fight with Aang. We fought them off then used the bamboo ladders to try and get past which worked until they caught the last one on fire and we slid down the last wall not making it over.
They were going to shoot fire but Aang moved us behind him and held it back with air.

"What's the plan now?" I asked nervously.

"Hold your fire!" Zhao commanded and I rolled my eyes. "The Avatar must be captured alive!" Without hesitation Masky put one his swords to Aang's throat and the other to mine.

"Hey!" I yelled at him but stopped at Zhao's command.

"Open the gate." Zhoa ordered glaring at Masky

"Admiral, what are you doing?" A guard asked.

"Now!" Zhao demanded, the gates opened and we walked out backwards.
As we did so I stuck my tongue out at Zhao who didn't appreciate it but it's not like he could have done anything about it.

We walked out far away but then Masky was hit with an arrow and and fell back. Aang and I both looked at him and past his mask we saw a scar. Aang wanted to make sure so he put a dirt barrier and I removed the mask and low and behold it was Prince Zuko passed out before us.

"Come on Kaida, we have to go." Aang said and I looked at Zuko.

"Ugh....We can't leave him here." I said and he paused, Aang clearly felt the same way. He picked Zuko up while I grabbed his things and we ran away.

Aang made a little bed of leaves and set the knocked out prince down and I put the mask and swords down. The both of us sitting on either side of him.

"We'll stay here until he wakes up." Aang said.

"What about Katara and Sokka?" I asked.

"They can wait.." Aang hesitantly replied and moved to a tree branch.

I looked down at Zuko who looked peaceful, he didn't look like the angsty teenager that he really was.
   I started to worry about Katara and Sokka, I was hoping they were okay. Momo and Appa are taking care of them so they should be fine. At least I hope so.

⇢ ⇢ ⇢

"You know what the worst part about being born over a hundred years ago is?" Aang asked, I thought he was talking to me but I looked over at Zuko, he was slowly waking up. "I missed all the friends I used to hang out with. Before the war started I used to always visit my friend Kuzon.
The two of us, we'd get in and out of so much trouble together. He was one of the best friends I've ever had." Aang looked away then back at Zuko. "And he was from the Fire Nation just like you..... If we knew each other back then do you think we could have been friends too?"

Zuko replied by shooting fire at him, I tackled him down to the ground and held his wrists down. "Aang go!!" Aang was hesitated but left, Zuko growled looking up and shooting at him still. Zuko looked at me with eyes full of hatred but I didn't care.
Neither did he, he threw me off and by instinct I caught myself on my hands but hissed at the pain.

"He got away again!" Zuko yelled getting up and lit up his hands.

"He saved your life you know!" I yelled.

"And I saved his." Zuko replied then glared at me. "And yours!"

I shook my head. "You wanted him for yourself!" I hugged my knees and muttered. "For your stupid honor."

I guess he heard because he yanked me up. "You will never understand!"

"Well I sure hope so, My parents actually love me." I know I crossed the line because fire filled his eyes. He threw me down but I was done letting him treat me trash, I kicked his feet knocking him down.
Zuko growled angrily and got up. "By the way I want my mother's necklace back you abomination."

He looked at the necklace I had around my neck, the one that belonged to Katara, I just glared at him.

"Let's get back to the ship." He bluntly said while walking away. "I won't lose him again."

"No." I replied and he looked at me "You're going back to your pathetic boat and leaving this land or I'll tell Zhao, who the blue spirit really is then your father will never restore your honor!"
   I stood up and dusted myself off. "The banished Prince saving the Avatar, that's a good one, right? So while you leave, I'm going to find my way back to my siblings and friends."

"I said let's go!" He demanded and I could see the fire from his hands.

"Go by yourself! You don't need me." I sternly replied and sighed trying to calm down. "I'm sure I'll be yelling at you again soon." He growled and I began to walk away.

"You suck at capturing the Avatar but you're great at tracking him down." I heard him blast fire at me. I quickly dodged it and I trapped him in ice then I started running in the direction I saw Aang go in.

⇢ ⇢ ⇢

"Kaida! You're back." Sokka said still sounding sick and out of it but happily sucking on a frog. I smiled weakly before sitting down.

"I thought he was taking you prisoner to keep tracking us." Aang said from his spot on Appa's tail. The kid looked so sad.

"I managed to get away." I lied and looked down, Momo sat in my lap and I felt a little better as I pet him.

Why was I so mean? That boy just brings it out of me, he pushed buttons without even realising it, or maybe he did know. Okay he might be this bad guy that is terrible, but what I said about his family was wrong and even I knew that.

I looked back at my siblings still sucking on the frogs and all the things they had around them. Later in the day when the sky cleared up Sokka and Katara started waking up looking fine.

"Mmm" Sokka said. "This is tasty!" He enjoyed the frog then it ribbited and the two spit them out and coughed trying to get the taste off.

"You guys are doing so much better hmm." I teased. "Looks like it worked."

————————
Edited; 10/29/20
Re-Edited; 7/9/21