Fall

Cove's outfit above ^^^
Cove's POV
"Oh hello there mister piggy, how are you today?"

The pig oinked and started changing color. His pig nose morphed into a smaller one, followed by the rest of his body. Before I knew it, there stood a cute little puppy. I squealed and reached out to pet it, but just as my hand shot out...

I woke up pressed against something hard. The thing is moving up and down. The thing is snoring softly. The thing is River.

When did he get here? Also, that was the best dream ever, except for I didn't get to pet the puppy. Oh well.

Oh no.What if my parents saw us like this? No no no no no. Knowing my Mom, she'll probably get the wrong idea. Well I guess it's too late now to do anything.

I somehow managed to maneuver out of River's strong grip and I turned to face him. As soon as I faced him, his arms shot out and pulled me back against him two times harder. Ugh.

I squirmed around with no luck of getting out of hold. Why does he have to be so strong? This clearly is not going to work, I need to think of something else. Oh I got it!

Since I can't escape his grasp, I'm going to try to wake him up instead. "River," I called softly. Nothing.

"River!" I called a little louder while shaking his arm. Still nothing.

"RIVER!" I yelled while aggressively shaking his whole body. He didn't even flinch.

"Ugh," I sighed and slumped back in defeat. It's like this is his first time sleeping in months. I looked around the room bored and spotted my clock. It's only 6:20, maybe I can make River breakfast.

That's if I can get out of his hold. It's time me for plan C! I sneakily grabbed a random pillow and slowly replaced myself with it. As soon as I completely got out, his arms squished the pillow to his chest very tightly. I wonder how he doesn't suffocate me in my sleep.

Whatever, I'm alive now and that's all that matters. I tip-toed to the door, even though it's pretty obvious that River isn't waking up anytime soon. I'm just adding some suspense, don't judge me.

Once I got through my door, I ran down stairs and into the kitchen. So much for suspense.

Hmm, what to make. What to make, Oh I know! I quickly checked the fridge and pantry to make sure that I have all of the ingredients... Yep!

I'm going to make River a lemon loaf bread. I grabbed all of the ingredients and put the appropriate things in a big mixing bowl. Lemon cake mix, check. Pudding mix, check. Vegetable oil, check. Water, check. Lemon juice, check. Eggs, check. Powdered sugar, check.

Now all I need is the loaf pan. Wait, oh no. I got so exited about making River breakfast, that I forgot that the loaf pan is in a cabinet I'm not allowed in by myself. My Dad says that it's too high and I can easily hurt myself.

But River's breakfast! I have to try, I can't give up so easily. It's fine Cove, you've got this.

I approached the cabinet cautiously. Is it just me, or did it get higher since the last time I saw it. With my high of 5'2, the cabinet easily towers over me.

Okay, 1, 2, 3! I lifted myself onto the counter in a crouching position. Now I just need to open the doors.

I grabbed the handles and pulled them open. Everything would have gone perfect, Except I pulled way to hard.

The force of the pull made me lose my balance and crash to the ground, dozens of pots and other tins falling with me. The sound of glass shattering surrounds me, and I feel an excruciating pain in my side.