the woman

hi hi! yes i updated! please read the new message/announcement on my page to get full details!

so! spoilerrrr but i may or may not have added another love interest(rival?)! will it be for you? or will it be for link? i wanna add a lil bit of *spice* for after the yiga chapters. i'm sorry if there's grammar and spelling mistakes i literally got like 4 hours of sleep today my bad.

read to find out! 

----------------------------------------------------------

link bought a few items from beedle, mostly arrows and nothing else. there was no time to waste. he needed to save (y/n) as soon as possible before anything could happen to her.

link let the stable manager take care of his mare, there was no way he could take epona into the desert in search of the yiga clan's hideout. link looked into the satchel on epona while the manager was feeding her, searching for something lighter to wear. link cursed, there was nothing lighter in his bag than what he was wearing now for the desert. the young hylian proceeded to take off the white long-sleeved shirt underneath his tunic and placed it in the bag.

by the time he reached gerudo canyon stable, the sun was already high up in the sky, the rays hitting him and leaving burning sensations on his skin. link winced a bit and looked out towards the desert, the heat waves playing with his eyesight. 

"young man, if you're planning to go out there, you're going to need something a bit more lighter while still being able to defend yourself."

-

"this is all i have right now, i'm in a rush."

the manager looked from his left to his right, making sure no one could hear him and leaned into link while beckoning him to come closer. link cautiously leaned in, his hand reaching for his royal knight's sword, expecting the manager to be potentially a yiga scout.

"come into the inn, i'll give you something to wear for the desert if you help me in return."

link nodded slowly and followed the manager into the stable inn, his hand still being close to his sword. link watched the manager search for something in a large chest inside the manager's keep, his head slightly tilting in curiosity. 

"ah-ha! i found it! i bought this for myself recently, thinking i'd be a traveling warrior but alas, it seems like taking care of horses suit me much more. you can have this without charge, but i must ask you something."

the manager held out an entire set of some type of gerudo armour. it showed lots of skin at the top, but the left arm and shoulder was covered in a dark green, thin material with armour on top with gold detailing. the pants were also thin but as well as puffy, allowing lots of air to get through. the red pants complimented the gold and green quite nicely and link thanked the manager.

"what is this?"

-

"i believe it's called the 'desert voe' set, 'voe' meaning 'man' in the gerudo language. it's actually sort of illegal in gerudo town but i got it as a gift from my--one of the gerudo women in the town, her name is barta..."

link pulled his tunic off leaving his chest exposed. link picked up the gerudo top and put it on, his arms flexing as he did so.  

"mister, if you could be so kind but, i need to ask you a favour. i need you to deliver--"

-

"piaffe! who's your friend?"

link and the manager, piaffe, both turned around swiftly only to be face to face with a young hylian woman. she had long, luscious brown hair with bright green eyes. as she entered the inn, hylians around her watched her, their eyes never leaving her.

"oh! ...talia! i see you're back from gerudo town! how was it?"

-

"it was as beautiful as always, it's nice to be surrounded by only women every once in a while but never mind that, who's...this?"

talia looked up and down at link, her piercing green eyes tracing over his body. link quickly finished changing and averted his gaze from her, unsure of her strange behaviour. 

"this is..uhh..."

-

"it's link."

talia bit her lip slightly and raised an eyebrow slightly, and walked towards the two hylians, her hips swaying left and right. she went up to link, and placed her hand on his exposed arm and batted her eyelashes. she looked up at him and smiled.

"whatcha doing out here, link? wanna have a drink with me?"

images of (y/n) flashed into his mind and link looked at talia.

(y/n)...

link blinked and lifted her hand off his arm as he said a small 'excuse me'. he then walked out the inn in a hurry while adjusting his sheikah slate on his hip.  

"link! wait!"

link turned around to see piaffe chasing after him with talia trailing behind him, except he had a letter in his hand.

"before you go, please...give this to barta if you see her. she hasn't been around lately and i...i would like to see her again."

link nodded and placed the letter in his small pouch. link then lifted his arms, and untied his long hair, letting his locks fall onto his shoulders as he put his hair tie between his teeth. 

"liink! where are you going? don't you wanna stay for a bit...? i'd love to get to know you and besides, it's so hot out here! let's go inside, i'll help you cool down."

link tied up his hair, so that it was out of his face and he faced talia.

"...i can't say the same. i'm sorry but i need to leave."

talia jogged up to link as he started to walk away and blocked him from entering the desert. 

"come on! why are you in such a rush? it's not like i'm going to see you again."

link looked down at talia, and gave her a stern look. his deep voice leaving his lips as he spoke.

"you're in my way."

talia stepped to the side and let link walk onto the desert floor. she watched him as he continued to jog across the sand, his mind and body headed in one direction.

"talia! leave the poor guy, come inside."

-

"..."

-

"talia?"

talia kept looking out to the desert, her gaze never leaving the figure in the distance that was getting smaller and further away.

"don't tell me...he's your new interest? there's no way you're gonna pursue him, you don't go after anyone! besides, someone like him probably already has someone, forget about it."

talia smiled and turned to piaffe, her hand on one hip.

"don't underestimate my abilities, piaffe. you'll see."