63. YOU HAVE ALLOWED YOUR FRIENDS TO DIE FOR YOU

| CHAPTER SIXTY-THREE |

YOU HAVE ALLOWED YOUR FRIENDS TO DIE FOR YOU.

SWEAT WAS DRIPPING DOWN DAWN'S face. She could feel dried blood and dirt sticking to her face and clothes but she didn't care, all she could focus on was sending spells left and right at any oncoming Death Eaters.

The married couple had to abandon their original positions when a spell hit the balcony breaking it almost instantly, if Remus hadn't spotted the bright flash coming towards them, then they probably would've exploded along with the balcony, or dropped down at least a hundred feet to their deaths. Now they were just running through the school, no concrete plan in their mind apart from just staying alive.

Remus stayed behind the redhead, keeping her safe from the back whilst Dawn took down the Death Eaters in front of them. Parts of the building were caving in, the loud bangs coming from the walls caving in and certain spells were causing her ears to ring. She almost fell over a large piece of wall when her head began to ache once again. Coming to a stop, Dawn pressed her palms to her temples, feeling as Remus stopped just besides her, mirroring her actions.

"You've fought valiantly, but in vain," Voldemort's voice echoed through her ears, "I do not wish this. Every drop of magical blood spilled is a terrible waste. I therefore command my forces to retreat...In their absence, dispose your dead with dignity. Harry Potter, I now speak directly to you. On this night, you have allowed your friends to die for you, rather than face me yourself. There is no greater dishonour. Join me in the Forbidden Forest and confront your fate. If you do not do this, I shall kill every last man, woman and child who tries to conceal you from me."

The pain and voice disappeared once more, leaving everyone in complete and utter silence. Dawn looked over at Remus, a look of worry etched upon her face. Something flying up above caught her attention and she whipped her head to look. She watched as black shadows flew from the school towards the Forbidden Forest. They had actually retreated, something Dawn didn't believe they would do so quickly. 

For the first time that night, Dawn let out a shaky sigh of relief. She wiped the sweat from her brows before rushing into Remus' outstretched arms. He held her as close to his chest as physically possible. She could hear his heart beating violently against her cheek and it brought her more comfort than Remus would've ever thought. They were still alive and even though it was far too early to celebrate, Dawn couldn't help but feel that little bit relieved. She clenched her fists around his jacket, feeling as he tightened his grip on her waist, his cheek resting on the top of her head.

Dawn finally moved her head to look up at her husband, "I need to go find my family."