Second Muster: Chapter 42

***

***

Although the past 5 nights have been really strange, Yeora has been fixated on taking care of Jungkook who has been getting better everyday. Today marks a milestone for him. He's been able to hunt for himself amd has been actively bantering with Lisa in the garden or in the pavillon. He would even get into small fights with Taehyung.

Yeora watches from the king's large solar. Her hair swaying gently as breeze sweeps pass her.

"Wanna join me for the royal audience?" Jimin smiles, kissing her cheek.

"Do I need to?" Yeora teases turning to hold him in her arms.

"Look, you've been taking care of Jungkook so much that you've been neglecting me. Remember, we're getting married in a few days. Stop making me jealous," Jimin pouts at her.

Yeora laughs in response kissing Jimin more in pure love and adoration. Marrying the king would mean she'd be ties to him for a very long time, and she knows she's more than ready for it. They bith walk to his throne room ready for the royal audience where Jimin's people come and tell him their concerns or simply bring offerings. They both sat on the new royal chairs that Hoseok has set up for them.

Jimin's people have been coming in and out of the throne room peacefully. They would come out happy and satisfied once they see how he has been happy with his future queen. All is well until a letter was delivered to them.

"My cousin needs me," Yeora stood up from her throne

Jimin read the letter and felt something different. Yoo gi has bever relied to anyone, let alone send a letter. He knew something really bad must have happened.

"I'm coming with you," he says with will. Yeora knew she needed him there, not because she needs protection but because she needs someone to get the book incase something bad happens.

~♡~

They both set off to the eastern lands to see what had happened and confirm themselves. Because right now, both Yeora and Jimin are confused. They arrived at dusk right in their castle's gates. Yeora could see the invisible protection Yoongi has put up.

A guard just above the castle walls saw them approaching, just the two. And the guard could already tell that it's them who their queen has been waiting for. So theh called one of the sorceress to open the protection field partially just to let them in. With a wave of her hand, the wall was open small. Just enough for both of them to get through.

They both ran towards Jennie's chamber and there they found her laying asleep. Bandages and patches are all over her shoulder in attempt to out them back together. Yeora frowns in disatisfaction when Jennie opens her eyes slowly. They're no longer red, instead a shade of black. Jennie needa blood.

"Tell your men to hunt for fresh blood. Jennie will die like this," Jimin said to Yoongi which he immediately complied.

"What happened to her?" Yeora ask her husband.

Yoongi simply frowns, remembering  every morbid detail that happened to his wife. The creasing on his forehead and in between his brows signifies that Yoongi is angry and worried.

"We don't know for sure but someone put a spell on us on our journey to King Jimin's kingdom. For five days we ran in circles until we finally realizes it. Then she appeared,"

"She?" Jimin asked Yoongi with his brow raised.

Yoongi walks to where Jennie lies. He takes the opportunity to sit beside Jennie who has drifted back to sleep due to exhaustion. 

"We don't know her name but she started mention about a man's scent on Jennie's hand. She then started attacking her so I had to defend her but she beat me to where Jennie was and tried to kill her but Jen was quick to dodge it so her shoulders were crashed by her foot instead," Yoongi then proceeds to describe who yhe woman is. Every detail of what he can remember, how they escaped and how they got here.

"I've summomed all the powerful sorcerers here in our land. I want them to protect Jennie and the lands. Setting this powerful wall all over our land was hard and tedious but I know it's what we need. She can hear everything except our minds. I'm afraid she might follow us here. Who knew, maybe she's also after the book," he then gestures to the book on his table.

Yeora looks at Jennie and studies her injury. "What's taking her so long to heal? She's stronger than this," she asks herself.

"The doctor says she needs more than her powers to heal herself. We're all clueless on what could that be. I'm sorry but as much as we want to accompany you lookimg for The Havens, we can't. I don't want to risk Jennie's life. We can't even go out there without veing scared. She's powerful and I hate to admit this but we can't take her down," was all Yoongi could say.

Needless to say, Yeora's last concern is finding The Havens. She nods at what Yoongi says and reassures him that they'd be fine. All she could think about is this mysterious woman. She has a hunch about what and who she is but she needs more information and knowledge about this.

"Well then, we should look for ways to heal your wife. She might die because of her injury. Do you mind if I semd Dr. Jin over?" Jimin asks Yoongi.

Even him has a hunch on what had happened but like Yeora, he needs to know everything before coming up with a plan. She imposes a grave threat to everyone. Including their journey to find The Havens.

Yoongi nods, affirming that he needs all the help he could get. Jennie's life is at stake now. Even though they'te both clueless as to what happened, he still knows she is a danger to them all. No one dared to hurt her, as a queen she holds a high status and power among all the other vampires in the land.

All of their conclusions came into one very expected conclusion.

That mysterious woman is a goddess.

•••