chapter 1

Grey whistled as he walked down the corridor of the Demon's zone. So many of the demons referred to him as a proud man, however, he didn't care what the demons say or presume about him.

As a demon, he was attractive. Numerous female demons threw themselves at him, and that made a lot of male demons so jealous of him. But Grey being Grey, he didn't care. He didn't care about the jealous demons. He didn't care about the female demons who threw themselves at him. He didn't care, period. Grey usually just brushed them off as if they are nothing; another reason why most demons did not like him.

He persevered his experience as he continued down the corridor. He could hear angels screaming as they were tortured in their chambers, and the sound of their screams made him smile.

"They deserve it," Grey said to himself.

He stopped at the front of an exceptionally large hall where demons usually gathered when announcements were made. Then resting his lower back against the wall, Grey waited for the arrival of the Demon's leader.

The Demon's leader, Beelzebub, was his uncle; he took the management from Grey's father after he was killed by Angels. He did not know his father well, because he was still very young when his father was slain.

Grey sighed and shook his head. Every time he remembered his father, it usually made him angry.

His uncle told him his father did nothing wrong to have the Angels assassinating him. And because Beelzebub was a pure demon by heart, he added fuel to Grey's love for seeking out Angels and torturing them by narrating how his father was killed. Even just remembering this made Grey feel like punching something, or preferably, someone.

Before he could lose control of his temper, he shoved his hand into his pocket to keep himself from punching anything.

He scanned the hall for his mother, Anna. His Mom was a very timid character and she continually avoided crowds but the assembly today was unavoidable. So, she had to be there.

Several demons had called him and his Mom 'different'. They usually said there was something about them that made them seem one-of-a-kind. Grey had tried asking his Mom about what the other demons meant by that. However, she constantly insisted that there was nothing unique about them. So, he dropped the discussion.

His Mom did not kill angels as he did. His mother told him that his father stripped her of her powers due to the fact that she committed a crime. Grey had also asked her about the crime she had committed. Still, Anna constantly repeated it was not important.

It was strange to say he slept even as a demon. Grey knew other demons don't sleep, so it really baffled him why he slept. When he asked his mother, she said it was because of the powers his father stripped off her. She said it affected him when he was born and she had warned him not to disclose it to any other demons, so as not to be treated differently.

But that was not the reason why other demons called him different. He was very certain no demons knew that he slept. He was so confused and also frustrated that his mother was leaving him hanging in the air.

Anna was truly the most vulnerable amongst the demons without her powers, so Grey always ensured that his mother was safe. Even though no demon was stupid to mess with his mother, no one desired to face Grey's wrath.

After Grey noticed his Mom, he waited until her eyes met with his. He nodded curtly at her, acknowledging her presence. The acknowledgment made Anna smile at him but Grey did not return the smile. He just averted his eyes from her. He began feeling calm now that he was certain of where she was.