SENSORY DEPRIVATION TANK

El and Amber went back to the group after Dustin called out their names. They'd kissed, they were both happy, and had their arms linked as they walked back to the group - there was now a kiddy pool in the middle of the auditorium, and the sight of it made El gulp.

"I'll be with you the whole time," Amber promises her, squeezing her hand as they make it over to the group. El doesn't respond verbally, but nods her head before letting go of Amber and taking off the jacket the girl had given her.

Amber took it off her as el went to take off her socks, Joyce coming to the other side of her with the makeshift goggles in hand. Amber looked down at the jacket in her hands with a sigh, before walking over to the steps quickly and lying it down.

As she was walking back over, she saw Mike with somewhat of a bruise forming on his face - it made her stomach crumple. She'd done that to him because he'd yelled at her, and she felt terrible.

As soon as Amber was close enough to El, El grabbed her hand, staring at the goggles in Joyce's hands. She was clearly scared and didn't want to do this, but she had to, for will.

El looked over at Amber, and Amber sent her a small smile, "I'm not going anywhere. The second it gets too scary, let me know." Amber assures her, taking the goggles from Joyce and holding them up to El's head. El let the gorgeous girl put the goggles on her, sighing.

When El's eyes were completely covered, amber moved one hand to her arm and one hand to her back, helping her climb into the water. As soon as she was stood, Amber leaned closer to held her get to the middle of the tub before letting her go.

At the loss of contact, el turned around quickly, suddenly scared, and Amber's eyebrows furrowed in concern.

"I'm here, I'm here," Amber said, realising what had caused El's panic. El quickly nodded, and sat down in the water before beginning to float on her back. Amber watched as she got into this position, before her eyes fell onto Hopper, who was staring at Amber with a look she couldn't read. She glared at him before looking back down at El. She was the priority here.

When Amber looked back down at el, the lights suddenly all shut off, making the group jump slightly, looking at el and around the room. Amber kept her eyes trained on El for any move of discomfort, but nothing, just little pants of breath from the cold water.

It was silent for a minute, no one moving as they stared at El, trying to figure out what was going on, waiting in suspense. Joyce had moved to sit next to Amber, seeing the worry on her face.

"Barbara?" El's voice finally spoke, making Amber snap her eyes over to Nancy, Nancy jumped at the name, leaning on the side of the pool slightly, but she didn't say a word, waiting for El to continue on.

El gasped, her breath picking up as the lights around them started to flash. Amber looked at El in Alarm, ready to grab her when Joyce grabbed her arm, the lights turning off again.

"What's going on?" Amber asked the group, moving her arm back down to her side.

"I don't know," Mike spoke up, just as concerned as Amber was.

"Is barb okay?" Nancy finally speaks up, "is she okay?" She asks El again, guessing El's reaction was from seeing Barbara.

"Gone. Gone," el cries out quickly. Amber looks from El to Nancy, seeing the girl start to cry from shock, but her head goes back to El when El repeats 'gone' again, clearly distressed and beginning to yell.

"It's okay, it's okay!" Amber tries to comfort, and Joyce tries to stop her again, but amber pushes her off. Amber grabs onto El's arm, knowing touch helps calm her down, "I'm here, El, you're okay.

It wasn't working, El was getting more worked up as she pulled El to the side slightly, her arms now drenched in the water.

"Everyone's right here, we're not going anywhere," Amber assures her, and it shocks the group how caring amber is towards el considering how she treats everyone else. "I got you. Don't be afraid."

El noticeably calmed down, and Amber let out a sigh of thankfulness, the girl in the pool falling silent for a moment.

"Castle Byers."

Those two words said by El made Joyce jump slightly, moving closer to Amber and where Amber held El.

"Will?"

Joyce let out a gasp, El wasn't as distressed - it was a good sign that he was alive.

"You tell him... tell him I'm coming," Joyce begged El from where she sat. "Mom is coming."

It was silent for a second, before a small, frail voice was heard from the radio. "Hurry."

Will.

Amber looked from Lucas, to Dustin, to Mike as Joyce cried out what El needed to say to him. All three of the boys looked so relieved, and amber couldn't help but let out a small smile - they were close, they had proof, they could do this.

El suddenly let out a gasp, ripping off the goggles and backing into the side of the pool, right in front of Amber. Amber instantly wrapped her arms around El, El holding onto her arm tightly, thankful for the embrace.

"You did so good," Amber whispered to her, hugging her tightly as El tried to catch her breath, her nose bleeding, "I've got you, you're here: you did so good."