chapter one: welcome

Oh Eunwol stands nervously yet, excitedly at the same time as the elevator goes higher and higher.

  TING!

  The sound makes her jump and she scuttles behind her senior as she walks out.

  "Okay, so from now on, you will be Haechan's main makeup artist. Remember, make sure you are able to finish your job on time because he needs to follow his schedules, especially, when it involves his different units. Watch your time," the most senior of the makeup team, Aejin, advices sternly and Eunwol nods- mumbling a small, "yes."

  Aejin swings the door open and the busy atmosphere instantly slaps Wollie on her face.

  Staffs haste around the room, all managing their tasks. Outfit stylists are picking and checking the clothes on the rack, writers are proof-reading their scripts, a few camera men are even filming for the 'behind the scenes' videos.

  "Come, I'll show you around," Aejin says and pulls Eunwol with her.

  "So the thing about being a makeup artist is not just about fixing their makeup, no. It's also about being able to be flexible and creative because sometimes, we're not actually given any specific requests on how to create their makeup look like.
"At times, we are only given a theme and we have to figure out on our own on the colours and style to use," Aejin explains while introducing her to other staffs.

  Eunwol nods, multitasking as he listens to her as well as bowing and greeting the other workers politely- a smile etched on her face.

  "Number two; makeup artists must always be quick, steady and professional. Be where they must be on time, with complete set of tools and products and must be sure that the idols are not allergic to any of them. So, keep note," Aejin reminds and Eunwol nods vigorously again, timid against her.

  Meanwhile, a certain idol that have just finished with getting his hair done and waiting to get dolled up has his eyes set on her.

  He grins faintly at the way Wol tails after her senior like a lost duckling and then, gets all flustered when Aejin walks away before she can finish greeting the other staff.

  They then, turn to the dressing tables and he swiftly turns away before sitting at his seat.

  "If you have any questions, you can ask later on. For now, you have to start with doing the makeup," the senior pats the clearly shorter girl with a cordial grin. "Goodluck!"

  Eunwol watches as she walks away and gulps down her anxious nerves before making her way to the table where the idol waits.

  "Uh, hello, my name's Oh Eunwol and I'm a new staff," she introduces herself diffidently, presenting a demure smile. "Nice to meet you and I'll do my best!"

  She exclaims yet, still shy and presents a small bow.

  The idol grins charmingly, finding the petite girl adorable. "Hi, Eunwol! My name's Lee Haechan! Nice to meet you too!"

  His extroverted, bubbly self contrasts with her but it helps her feel more loose.

  "It's okay, you don't have to be nervous," Haechan ensures, bright with his blinding smile. "I think you'll do just fine."