46. The Interview

Preeti's point of view

My heart is beating more than its normal pace and I can feel my palm is become sweaty. Though it's a little cold outside and A.C is on, in the waiting room but I can feel sweat in my palm. Maybe its happening me because I am nervous well not, I am more than nervous. Except me, almost fifty more candidates are waiting for their interview.

When I came here number of candidates must be in thousand but after third round they chose only fifty and going to hire only twenty candidates, including clerks too.

Selection process is divided into four rounds.

1. Group discussion
2. Written Exam (CBT- computer based test)
3. Descriptive exam
4. H.R interview, where they check our confidence level as well as are accounts skills.

I cleared the G.D round easily but when I sit to gave the written exam my eyes budge out from their sockets when I saw the cut off marks. They will only pass the candidates who score 80%. Negative marking is also including making it more tough. I mean who put the cut off that much high.

I sigh in relief when I saw my result. I scored 80.7%. Just 0.7% more than the actual cut off. Than comes the descriptive test. They asked us to write an email, essay and wants us to ready a report with proper fonts, head lines and many other things in one hour. My government preparation helped me in this round.

While giving the exams of this job once I thought that government exams are much easier than Siddharth's company. Well I clear all three rounds and now sitting in the waiting room with other candidates waiting for my turn. A beautiful girl came to us and inform that interview will be start in fifteen minutes and tell us to get ready.

"You are also giving the interview here?"

I raised my head from my lap when I heard the feminine voice near me. Same Indian girl was standing in front of me whom I met in my last interview in finance company.

What was her name? I can't remember right now.

I think harder and then remember her name was Anshika Gupta. But what is she doing here. Last I remember she was hired by them for a clerk post.

"Preeti..right?" She confirmed my name and I nodded my head in agreement while giving her a small smile.

She took a seat beside me and asked, "Which post?"

"Accountant head." I said while giving her a small smile.

"I am here for the clerk post. In my last job I did the mistakes in annual reports so they fired me. Actually..it wasn't my mistake completely. Our manager was dumb. Well it's good they fired me, now I have a chance to work with the biggest construction company of this country and plus maybe I got glimpse of Siddharth Kapoor. Its their head office, his office must be here." She said with so much excitement that it was reflecting from her eyes.

Suddenly there was a commotion and our eyes turns to the elevator when its open, everyone stood up from their seats when four person step outside from the elevator. One of them is Emily. She gave me a small smile and I return her gesture.

If Emily is here means he is also here.

My heart started beating faster when four of them step aside and Siddharth walked between them with all his glory. He was looking as fresh as morning. His hair is gelled perfectly and I really wanted to run my fingers in them. Everything around me get blur and my eyes only can see him, I felt the heaviness in my chest because my heart was beating at such rate that it won't be surprise if I got a heart attack here.