Chapter 108: The World Reacts (2)

Unknown Location,

BANG!... BANG!... BANG!

Resounding echoes accompanied the burst of light that forced its way past heavily congregated clouds, illuminating a land that had rejected the sun for several centuries. The light rays traveled over the island, through numerous barracks and fortresses to a giant mountain upon which a magnificent manor sat.

Atop one of the four spires that towered around this manor, a lone kafu with fur the color of the raging snowy winds, and clad in a silvery-white trenchcoat, glared at that light as if challenging its might. Cold eyes squinted at the hammer in the distance, resulting in a distasteful click of his tongue. "To be capable of summoning [God's Apparition]. It seems a determinant has finally appeared among the Summoned. I wonder if he will be useful or not?"

"Cathek." A destitute voice, lovely yet chilling, drifted into his ears. "I hate the light."

Cathek took one last glance at the hammer then snorted. "What [God's Apparition]? There is only one true God." He drew up the sleeves on his right arm and then placed his left on it.

The billowing snow suddenly rushed towards him in droves. The islanders, feeling the apparent change, glanced at the figure on the spire, their eyes filled with reverence and fear. The swirling energy rushed into Cathek, mysteriously disappearing like it was never there. The only evidence was the rising thickness in the mana concentration around him.

Thin sheets of ice spread from Cathek's feet and then traveled down the tower. Several blocks of ice formed as the air around the kafu dropped below the freezing point. Eyes narrowed, Cathek clenched his outstretched hand.

The surrounding winds bellowed with rage as they charged at the break in the clouds.

However, the rays of light as if considering this a direct challenge to their authority considerably thickened. The icy winds melted upon contact with these burning rays, but Cathek only snorted. He flicked a finger, and the scattered clumps of ice and snow gathered ahead of him to form a 30m long snarling fox.

With a snap of his fingers, the beast issued a roar that shook the surrounding mountains, then charged at the opening in the clouds.

The light rays attacked the approaching fox, resulting in terrifying explosions that lit up the sky for miles. The islanders gazed in rapt admiration as the smoke cleared to reveal the snarling fox completely unharmed. Buoyed by the small victory, the fox immediately resumed its charge at the breach.

The light rays, as if consumed by fear, immediately coagulated into one giant pillar of divine energy. The pillar charged its energy for a few seconds, then attacked the fox head-on.

Atop the spire, Cathek's eyes flashed as he ordered, "Swallow."

The snow fox, faced with this impossibly dense energy, only opened its mouth wide as ordered and ate the beam whole. Without a single pause, it slammed into the breach. Its presence stimulated the clouds around to gather while forming new and tougher barriers. In but a few minutes, the clouds once again blocked the sun's rays, only allowing just enough light such that the islanders could see.

"Thank you."

Cathek nodded to show his acknowledgment of the speaker's gratitude. Clumps of snow covered his form then dispersed the next second, along with the ice mage.

Several kilometers away, on an empty field, a humongous dragon sat before an aging wisben, sitting patiently as the wisben poked and prodded its body and then muttered incomprehensible gibberish.

The dragon was naturally Skyrm, whose body had been possessed by a spirit called Gunder, and the physician, Perah, was in charge of studying him. It was evident that compared to before Skyrm—no, Gunder's size had reduced drastically.