xii. casualties [part. I]

chapter 12 - casualties[part

[part. I]

Fire... Smoke...Screams of agony.

Those were only a few of the many things that were currently surrounding the entirety of Tondc. The mane's of wild horses burned as the animals themselves ran for their life, fleeing from the scene as their hair left embers in it's trail. The horses were sadly attempting to run away from flames that just could not be escaped, because they had quickly caught onto their luxurious locks.

In the distance, the people of Tondc that had miraculously managed to survive, despite numerous injuries, were still trying desperately to retrieve their lost and wounded ones from fallen rubble.

The people were surely taken off guard by this sudden attack on their home, and they no doubt were wondering how they would ever recover from all of the damages done to the village. However, when all of the smoke had finally cleared, they would soon realize that nothing would even be left of Trikru's village to recover.

So what exactly happened that caused so much destruction and took so many lives? What were the events that had led to such a drastic sight? And where on earth was Clarke and the Commander? They had been present just before everything happened, but now they were no where to be found...

Two Days ago...

The reverberating of the ground, and the rippling of nearby puddles, were enough to indicate that the riders from Tondc were passing by as they headed back to Camp Jaha. Clarke and her mother were amongst them, as they all rode on horseback to their destination. What they didn't know, was that two snipers from Mount Weather were actually assigned to wait for them to cross this specific path. Their mission was to take out the "leaders" of the newly formed alliance, which really meant Clarke and Lexa.

As the Mountain Men peered down from the hill that they were perched up on, they noticed that the group of riders were actually coming to a resting stop, which gave them an advantage to obtain a perfect head shot on Clarke.

Abby jumped off of her designated horse, and walked over to a fresh puddle, that was the result from the previous night's downpour of rain.

"Mom, why are we stopping?" The blonde called out, as she dismounted from her horse and made her way over.

"Because," Abby sighed, as she scooped up some of the water into her canteen and brought it over to Clarke. "You need to drink too."

"I'm Fine." She replied, stubbornly. "We shouldn't have stopped."

"Clarke—"

"—Mom. I need to get back to that radio to see if Bellamy made contact."

"Listen to me." The chancellor argued back. "I know you don't think that you need my protection anymore. But you do. You have to trust that I still know what's right for us." As a response, Clarke gave a small nod before they both walked back over to the horses.