chapter 2

Anna followed her son out of the hall. She felt her son's tight grip on her hand, but she did not attempt to pull away. Aware that her son was angry, she just let it be.

On their way home, they passed numerous demons who wanted to make small talk. They either wanted to talk about Grey's achievement or the party, but Grey brushed them off. He did not make small talk with anyone; socializing was not his cup of tea. Grey simply could not comprehend why the demons didn't seem to get the hint that he didn't want to talk.

"Hey, Grey," a female demon, Erna, said as she stopped in front of Grey, blocking him from moving.

Erna was a pest in Grey's life. She always showed up randomly, and every time she saw Grey, she would endlessly try to stop him.

Grey stopped and eyed her from head to toe before his gaze settled on her face. Erna threw her hair backward and ran her fingers across Grey's chest, shamelessly flirting with him, without caring that his mother was standing there with him.

"I would like to escort you to the party later tonight," she said as she continued to run her fingers across his chest. Then leaning forward, she tried to steal a kiss from him. Grey roughly pushed her, making her stumble backwards.

"You are not my type," he muttered as he pushed past her. With his mom by his side, he proceeded towards home.

Anna smiled when his son pushed Erna. She didn't like her, and she thought Erna only wished to be with her son because of the popularity he held in the demon's zone.

Upon getting home, Grey went into the lavatory and stripped off his garments. He glanced at his reflection, and he could see the marks he had gotten from his battles with the angels, while others were from his brother and his Uncle.

Yes, his uncle did leave marks on his body. Beelzebub was not only his Uncle, but his leader as well. The one time Grey failed to return home with an Angel, his uncle tortured and locked him up for days.

Grey ran his fingers through the scars on his body, sighing softly as he put the shower on. Then stepping in, he permitted the water to run down his physique, enjoying the warmth of the water on his skin.

A few minutes later, he stepped out of the shower. Grey dried himself and put on a clean outfit before making his way to the living room. Upon getting there, he saw his mother sitting on the sofa and staring at nothing in particular.

Grey just shook his head and sat down.

He had always wondered what his mother thought about. From time to time she would be lost in thought and would not even notice that her son was in the same room as her.

Grey put on the TV and flipped through the channels. TV was not necessarily needed in the demon zone but it was a means to pass time when they were not out scouting for Angels.

Demons usually stole human's belongings whenever they were on Earth. Grey, on the other hand found, human's things interesting. He had never once interacted with a human before and he was not planning to. He preferred to keep a safe distance from them unless he was on Earth to steal human possessions.

The sound of the TV pulled Anna out of her reverie. She glanced at her son whose focus was on the TV, wondering how long he had been sitting there.

"Are you hungry?" Anna asked.

Grey shook his head in response. Demons don't need food to survive but Anna liked cooking and whenever Grey went to Earth he would steal human groceries and bring them back home to his mother.

Anna had always prepared food for him even though she knew he didn't need to eat. Grey ate the food she cooked because he didn't want his mother to be sad. He didn't want to waste the food she had taken her time to cook. But right now, he was not in the mood to eat.