Chapter 29

Kate's Pov

I couldn't stop these tears. I've been embarrassed before but why won't the tears not stop! It's because my dream profession just made me look like an idiot. I run through to the elevator as the secretary yelled out to me.

"You can't go up there!" She yelled catching the attention of the security guard.

The elevator door then opened as I rush to Jane's office with the security catching up. I bust open the door with tears in my eyes as I see Jane and a familiar guy...

"You" I say as I cry even harder.

"The creep who gave Mark chocolate" Says the guy.

It was the same guy I saw in the lunch room at the Diamond Star Publishing Company. What the hell is he doing here?

"Stop!" Says the security as he grabs my hand hard.

"OUCH!" I yell.

"Stop! What the fuck are you doing!" Jane yelled at the top of her lungs as the security let me go and I fell on my knees crying.

"What is going on?" Asks the man to Jane.

"Leo, do you mind giving me a minute" Says Jane as she rushed over to me and held me in her arms.

"Leo? Leo Atlas?" I say as the man exited the room with a confused look on his face.

"Baby. What's wrong? Who do I have to kill?" Says Jane as she wipes my tears.

"Hold me" I say as I cover my head in her chest as she sit on the floor with me.

"Okay, I won't let you go" Says Jane as she held me for dear life.

I then maintained my composure as Jane helped me off the floor.

"Tell me what happened?" She asks.

"I had a terrible first day at work, this guy embarrassed me" I say.

"Do you want me to kill him?" Asks Jane as she hugs me.

"Yes" I whimper as I hug her.

"Yo Leo!" Says Jane as the man came back into the office.

"Jane. You know this girl?" Says the man.

"This is Kate, my girlfriend" Says Jane as she folds her arms and gives Leo the death stare.

"Your what?" He says.

"Kate, this is your boss, Leo Atlas" Says Jane to me.

"You mean ex-boss. I think I was just fired" I say.

"Fired? I'm the one that does the firing" Says Leo looking all confused.

"Adelyn dismissed me" I say.

"Adelyn may be head of the department of sales but she doesn't have the authority to fire anyone" Says Leo.

"Come Kate. Let's go home" Says Jane as she grabs her coat.

"We'll be in touch" Says Leo as he left the office.

"It's mid-day. Is it okay for you to leave?" I ask.

"No, it's not but I'm the boss so why not" She says as she grabs my hand.

"Is it really okay for your employees to see you holding the hand of another woman?" I say.

"You're not a woman, you're a girl and I'm the boss" She teased.

"You're the boss" I say to her as we exit the elevator gaining the stares of everyone around us.