Chapter 30

Kate's Pov

We fall asleep together not even bothering to put clothes on. She was cuddled in my arms so tight and I refused to let her go. We were awoken at around 11AM to the sounds of an alarm blaring.

Jane jumped off the bed and grabbed some clothes.

"What's going on?" I ask.

"Someone is trying to break in" She says confused.

"Who would break into the house of Jane Connor?" I say.

"Someone that clearly doesn't know who I am" Says Jane as she grabs a gun from her nightstand.

"You have a gun in your nightstand?" I ask.

"Just for security measures, stay here" She says as she walks outside.

I waited for a couple minutes but she wasn't back, a minute turned into 15 and I was getting worried. I put my pants on and slowly walk outside. I carefully walk down the stairs to see a drop of blood on the floor as Jane came out from the kitchen.

"I told you to stay upstairs!" She yells.

"Jane... that's blood" I say.

"Someone's sick idea of a joke. There was a dead cat in the elevator and another one by the bookcase" Says Jane.

"Someone sneaked in here while we were sleeping?" I ask surprised.

"Yes, someone sneaked into my highly secure building not noticed by security" Jane said confused.

"How is that possible?" I ask.

"No idea. I'll ask Billy to run back the camera's. Go back to bed babe. I'll take care of this" She says as she smiles.

"Are you sure?" I gulped.

"I'M sure. I'd prefer you safe. Go lay down. I'll join you in a bit" Says Jane as she walks up to me and kisses my forehead.

"Ok. Don't take too long" I say as I kiss her.

I slowly walk back to her room as I lay in bed. I had this feeling I was being watched. I felt shaky but rolled to the side and fell asleep. Jane then came back as she put her arms around me. I was facing sideways as she hugged me tight. She then kissed my neck and starting playing with my hair but I was too sleepy to enjoy it. She brushed my face and touched my lips with her finger. Is she seriously trying to make me horny when I'm half asleep? I ignore her and fall back asleep.

I awoken the next morning feeling rested and relaxed. I rise up but Jane wasn't here. She was probably downstairs. It was 7AM. I walk downstairs to see Jane at the piano playing that somber tune she always plays.

"Do you know any other type of music besides sad music?" I say to her.

"Nope" She says as she pulls me to her and I sit on top of her. We were face to face as she smiled at me.

"Good morning beautiful" She says to me.

"Good morning Jane" I say as I kiss her.

"Leo called, he says the meeting will be at 10AM sharp" Says Jane.

"Then I'll be there" I say as she continues to kiss me.

"Let's have breakfast" She says to me.

"I'll make. You sit here and learn to play a happier piece" I say pointing at the piano as she snickers.

"Very well" She says.

"When we're done you can play with my hair" I tease.

"Sure. That's so random though" She says.

"I was too asleep last night to enjoy it" I say.

"Huh?" Asks Jane.

"Last night you were playing with my hair. It felt great" I say as I continue walking to the kitchen.

"I didn't play with your hair last night babe.. are you okay?" Says Jane as I immediately stop.

"Didn't you come to bed a few minutes after I did?" I ask.

"No babe. I cleaned the blood off the floor and disposed of the cats and then went downstairs to the front desk" Says Jane as I turn around slowly.

"Then who was next to me last night?" I say as my lip began to quiver as Jane's eyes widened.

"Oh my god" Says Jane as she rushed to me and hugged me.

"I'm gonna brush my teeth" I say as I retreat upstairs.

"I'll make breakfast" Says Jane.

I quickly run upstairs and headed to the bathroom afraid I'd have a panic attack. Who the hell was that last night! It was a woman. I could feel her hair when she hugged me. Just the thought of some stranger in bed next to me... her arms around me. Her hands in my hair, her finger on my lip. I immediately started vomiting.

This place is supposed to be safe and secure. How the hell did this happen! I shivered, I was scared. I maintain my composure and headed back downstairs still a little chilled. I see Jane in the kitchen with a pissed look on her face.

"Are you okay?" I ask.

"Bill called. The camera line was temporarily disconnected. There's no feed" Says Jane as she huffed.

I could feel her anger from here, she radiated such a dark aura, it was like she'll go on a rampage any minute now.

"It's okay. Calm down" I say as I approached her.

"I can't be calm. Someone was next to you! What would I do if that person had hurt you!" She says grinding her teeth.

"I'm thankful she didn't" I sigh.

"When I find her I will kill her" Says Jane.

"It'll be okay" I say trying to calm her down.

"How is this okay!" She yells.

"You really need to calm down" I say as I put my hand on her chest.

"Dammit Kate!" She says as she swats  my hand away and smashes her phone to the ground.

"Jane!" I yelled.

"I'm sorry, you know how I feel about you touching me there" She sighs. I didn't know what to say, something told me whatever I say would make it worse.

"Go home Kate, you'll be safer there. Stay there until I sort this thing out" She sighs as I gulped.

I didn't even look at her. I just retreated upstairs as she stood there in the kitchen. This is a side of Jane I've never seen before. How many shades do you have Jane?

Out of all of them, I hate this one the most...